7

Olivia Campbell

If no one had told me we were in Miami, I would've stepped off the bus thinking we were still in Daytona. The heat was just as intense, the streets were crowded and there were just as many half naked people walking around the city.

I bounded down the steps of the bus excitedly; there was a sense of freedom in the air. Miami was filled with endless possibilities and I knew I was in for a wild ride.

Liam trailed after me, carrying both of our duffle bags on his shoulders. Letting my gaze travel around the hotel entrance, I spot Harry off to the side having a smoke while talking to a blonde girl I recognized from Daytona. Louis had already disappeared into the hotel and Niall was standing on the sidewalk making a group of girls laugh. I could tell even from afar that all Niall needed to do was say the word and they'd all let him fuck them right there on the street.

"What's the plan?" I ask Liam as he stops beside me, cigarette dangling from his lips.

He takes a drag and exhales before answering, looking at me expectingly. "Drop our bags off and then go get something to eat?"

I nod. "I'm starving."

"Haven't you eaten enough?" He smirks, referring to how I passed the time on the bus.

Rolling my eyes, I elbow him hard in the side and then reach up to snatch the cigarette from his mouth. "You don't deserve to finish your smoke now," I mumble as I fill my lungs with smoke and let my hand fall to side.

"Oh c'mon—" It's Liam's turn to roll his eyes. "You can't fuck around with one of my best friends and expect me not to bug you about it."

"Fair enough," I admit as I exhale. "Do you maybe wanna go check in and grab our room keys?" I shoot him a smile as I point in the direction of the lobby. Without a word, Liam nods and stalks off through the automatic sliding doors of the hotel.

Turning on my heels to face the street, I catch Harry climbing back onto the bus when he pauses mid step and calls out to Niall. "The bus is leaving whether you're on it or not."

Niall wraps up his conversation with the group of girls and then starts towards the bus casually. He does a double take when he glances my way and immediately makes a beeline for me. "Hey sweetheart, don't forget your phone—" He smiles mischievously as he pulls my phone from his back pocket and holds it out for me. That's weird, I remember putting it in my pocket before I got off the bus.

Slowly, I take my phone, our hands brushing ever so slightly before I pull back. I could tell even with the sunglasses on his face that his eyes were glimmering. "If you get bored of Liam, you know how to find me." I glance down at my phone and connect the dots. He must've put his number in my phone.

When I look up, Niall's already halfway to the bus. "Where are you guys going?" I find the words tumbling from my mouth before I could stop myself.

"Harry and I have our own apartments..." He keeps walking but turns around to face me, taking tentative steps backwards. "I can give you a tour sometime," Niall smirks as he turns back around to board the bus. My phone vibrates as I get a text from Liam and I stick the cigarette in my mouth so I can use both hands reply. "Or I could just fuck you in every room."

My head snaps up at his words as the cigarette falls from my lips and lands on the ground. Niall's already disappeared onto the bus, probably watching my reaction through the tinted windows while laughing. I'm still standing with my jaw practically on the ground as the doors close and the bus pulls away from the hotel. Only when it's gone do I finally glance around and wonder if anyone else heard what Niall said. Not like it would matter anyways, they wouldn't be anything other than envious.