37

Olivia Campbell

"Okay, I'm ready," I said as I tilted my head back and opened my mouth. The liquid hit the back of my throat and I enjoyed the taste, letting it completely coat my tongue. Nova was straddled over my hips, watching me intently with a smirk on her lips as I swallowed it all.

Then she brought the bottle to her own mouth and took a swig.

Our pre-drinking party started as soon as the concert finished and we got back to the penthouse. I originally thought it would be just a few drinks and then we'd all head down to the casino, but now we've made it three quarters of the way through a two-six of watermelon vodka while we wait for the guys to get ready.

"Niall!" I dragged out the syllables as I called him loudly. The shower stopped a few minutes ago so hopefully it won't be long now until I'm gambling all my money away for the fun of it.

"Yes?" He replied from the other side of the bathroom door, unbothered by the fact that we were waiting on him.

"Hurry the fuck up." Nova giggled at my blunt request. "Please," I added in an over-exaggerated sing-songy voice.

I hung my head back over the edge of the bed, opening my mouth wide again as Nova positioned the bottle over my face. I flinched slightly when the first drop hit the edge of my mouth, spilling a bit down the side of my cheek, then I squeezed Nova's thighs a few seconds later as my signal for her to stop pouring.

Nova's eyes flicked behind me for a brief second as I swallowed, so I leaned my head back further to look. My face was upside down, now level with Niall's waist as he stands directly behind my head in just a towel.

I take a second to admire the way the water droplets trail down his exposed chest, and his wet hair pushed back with a few stray pieces falling in front of his face as he looks down at me. My eyes run over every detail, taking a mental photo, and it doesn't faze me knowing that Niall can see me obviously checking him out. Then I feel a drop of water hit me in the face.

"Hey!" I exclaimed in surprise, laughing a bit to myself. "You're dripping on me!"

"Oh, I'm sorry—" Niall leaned down closer and started shaking his head, water flying off him like a wet dog.

"Niall!" I squealed as the droplets sprayed over my face.

"I'm just drying my hair," he replied innocently but the devilish smirk on his face said he was anything but.

I reached my arm behind me to shove at his chest. "Go get dressed, jerk."

Niall laughed at the chaos he caused as he walked away into the ensuite. When I looked back at Nova who was still sitting on top of me, she had a goofy smirk plastered to her face while she stared down at me.

"What?" I laughed nervously as I inquired.

She just shook her head slowly, starting to laugh as well when she couldn't conceal it anymore. "You guys..." She said, trailing off although I don't think she planned on finishing that sentence. It was obvious enough what she was so amused by anyways.

"Shut up..." I told her off playfully. "Now, c'mon, let's finish this bottle."

Nova was in the middle of taking a sip as I changed the subject. When she brought the bottle down from her mouth she looked intently at the label for a moment as she swallowed before speaking.

"This doesn't really taste like watermelon." Nova looked at me again and I nodded in agreement at her observation. I'd noticed the same thing when we first started the bottle but I've consumed so much of it now that it doesn't really stand out.