10

Niall Horan

"Night, sunshine," I smiled softly at my new nickname for her as I started down the sidewalk.

"Goodnight."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when the door shut behind Olivia. I think I deserve a pat on the back for the amount of self control I just exercised by not carrying her back to my room and fucking her senseless. I'm such a gentleman. As much as I love the feeling of her wrapped around me like that, I was still high off adrenaline, basking in her warmth despite the downpour. I didn't want to taint the memory by making it all about the sex.

Since when did sex taint anything? What the fuck is wrong with me? She clearly wanted to and I always do, so if anything it would've just been the cherry on top after the night we had.

I came to a stop on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, retrieving my phone from my back pocket as it buzzed. I couldn't help the small flip in my gut as I read the message:

hey is everything okay? you seemed off after we left the beach

Although I only saw the random string of numbers as the sender, I knew it was from Liv. Until now I actually forgot I even put my number in her phone this morning. It was easy to slip it out of her pocket when she had her back turned, without being noticed. Apparently the shift in my demeanor was harder to hide from her. We only just met yesterday, but why do I feel that she can see right through me? Why would she care?

Why the fuck would I care?

I need to get this chick out of my damn head. It would be stupid to get hung up thinking about one girl when there's a whole sea for me to fish from—and they are begging to be caught.

My attention was directed across the street to the flickering neon sign of a strip club. It was one of the reasons I chose this apartment. Nothing better than having strippers at the tip of your fingers whenever you like. That's exactly what I need right now.

I put my phone back into my pocket, pushing aside all thoughts of Olivia as I crossed the road to the strip club. Stepping into the dim atmosphere, I gave a slight nod to the security standing near the entrance. This club wasn't high-end like some that I'm used to, so just as anyone can walk in, they can throw anyone out if they cause trouble. Appearing enough when I've been in town periodically, I've come to know the owner quite well and a few of the regular staff as well. I recognized the two girls dancing on the main stage as I worked my way through the lounge. They were eager to please me in a private session last time I was here, and clearly they've grown more popular by the excitement of the audience. The blonde caught my gaze, smiling in remembrance, and I gave her a cheeky wink before making my way to the side stage.

An empty chair near the left called my name so I made myself comfortable there, taking in the show. Only having been seated for less than a minute, a rather short girl with red hair and fair skin approached me.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" She asked softly, awaiting my answer.

"Whiskey on the rocks, please," I smiled politely at her. She nodded and quickly rushed to the bar, coming back a minute or so later with my drink. She seemed quite timid as she set the glass on the table beside me with a shaky hand. "Thanks, love." I spoke warmly, and I could see a small smile form on her lips at my words before she rushed away to another group of men snapping their fingers at her. I'm sure the women working here have to deal with too many pricks in a place like this, so I always make it my mission not to act the same.

A new song started as another dancer appeared on the stage in front of me. She was nothing less than sexy, and a good dancer as well, but there was something about her that just didn't draw me in. I'm not sure what I was looking for tonight but I'll know when I see it.