36

Olivia Campbell

I woke up to the low monotonous hum of the tour bus as we made our way to Vegas, and Niall's face buried in the crook of my neck.

I shifted slightly, trying to stretch my legs without moving too much and waking Niall, but he must have already been up because as soon as I moved one leg and alerted him that I'm awake, I felt his lips press gently to my neck. Humming in satisfaction of the feeling, he continued to leave lazy kisses along my skin.

"Happy birthday," he mumbled sleepily into my neck. A smile formed on my face instantly, because I never told Niall when my birthday was. He must've found out from Liam.

"Thanks," I replied, my voice croaking as I used it for the first time since waking up. I finally opened my eyes, squinting a little at the small stripe of daylight peeking through from the window.

Niall lifted himself up to rest on one forearm, body facing the bunk wall and blue eyes looking down at me. The top of his head just clears the ceiling, being that the bunk is quite cramped, but I found myself comfortable even though we were packed in here as tight as sardines.

"So, how does twenty-two feel?" Niall asks with a goofy smirk plastered to his face.

"Same as twenty-one, I guess," I said, rubbing my eyes and blinking a few times to remove the spots from my vision.

Niall tilted his head to the side. "C'mon, it's your birthday! Where's the enthusiasm?"

"I don't know, it's never really been that exciting to me," I explained. It's not that I don't love a good excuse to party, because of course I do, but the idea of being another year older just doesn't get me as hyped up as some people think it should.

Niall came closer, hovering over me as his rough fingers found the exposed skin on my side, and I watched his eyes flick down to my lips. "I know how we can make it more exciting..."

He leaned in to close the small space between us, pressing his lips to mine. I knew what he was suggesting, and the way his mouth took control of mine successfully distracted me for a second before a thought entered my mind that I couldn't just ignore.

"We can't...what about your stitches?" I said as I put my hand to his chest, lightly pushing him back just enough to speak. Our voices remained hushed even though the others were all in the lounge. Niall let his fingers toy with the waist of my shorts.

"Who said anything about me?"

The idea Niall was insinuating and the way his hand travelled lower over the thin fabric of my short was a recipe for complete submission on my part. I'm strong, but I'm not that strong. He knows exactly what he's doing to me.

A subtle gasp involuntarily escaped my throat when he applied the slightest bit of pressure right where I wanted it, and he noticed the effect he clearly has on me. He smirked and lowered his mouth to my ear.

"Consider it a gift," he whispered, sending chills down my spine when he gently tugged at my earlobe with his teeth.

I've barely had five minutes to properly wake up, and now Niall's got me in a daze, trailing his lips down my neck, sucking softly over my collarbone.

He managed to turn me into a puddle beneath him within seconds before I could even protest the idea—not that I wanted to. I can't lie and say that I wasn't in the mood when I woke up, because I always am, and Niall knows that by now.

As Niall's mouth made it just past my navel, his fingers dipped under the hem of my shorts and kept them stagnant while he looked up at me.

"Think you can be quiet for me?" He demands in the form of a question, slowly inching my shorts down. "I promise, you can be as loud as you want later," he added, making my stomach flip at the endless possibilities of what 'later' might entail.