34

Olivia Campbell

So, I caved.

I'd done pretty good all day at not giving two fucks about Niall. Not that he made it difficult when he started the day off with a suggestive comment about joining him in the shower on the bus.

I would, but you'd probably turn the fucking water off before I'm done.

Yet, after a whole day of giving him the cold shoulder, here I am walking down the back halls of the venue to meet him. I'm not sure what he's up to, and he seemed genuine when he practically begged, but I swear, if he thinks for one second that we are about to fuck right now I'll make it so he can't fuck anything ever again.

I arrived at the same spot that Niall ran into me before, and nobody is here. At all. It's eerily quiet and starting to really creep me out. But obviously this isn't where all the action happens.

Niall still isn't here and I'm starting to wonder if he forgot already. I wouldn't be surprised; he's got other things on his mind that are clearly more important than me.

Wait, why the fuck am I standing around waiting for him?

He doesn't deserve that from me. If he wants to talk—and hopefully fucking apologize—he can come find me himself. I'm not going to sit here and wait until it's convenient for him. I'm tired of constantly being the person putting in effort to whatever the fuck this is and somehow still end up being the one getting screwed over.

It's not that I expect Niall to sacrifice his life for me or some shit—that would be a tad drastic. But I feel the least he could do is maybe be a decent human being. I can't handle his fucking mood swings anymore, bringing me breakfast in the morning and then by night he's using me like a sex doll. I'm tired of the back and forth bullshit.

I'm tired of being treated like I don't matter.

If it weren't for Liam, I don't think I'd be so confident right now about what Niall doesn't deserve from me. I never wanted to open that can of worms with him before. At least I'm aware that I've had these deep-rooted insecurities for a while.

I didn't want to lay it all out there in the open; that makes me vulnerable. Like a turtle flipped over on its back, unable to shield itself with its protective shell. I opened myself up to the possibility of Liam shutting me down, or treating me the same way. But I knew deep down that he wouldn't. He's not that person. I'm safe with him.

So I believe the things he said to me, at least for now, and I know I'm worth a hell of a lot more than the way Niall has been treating me.

With a new mindset and sense of worth, I turn on my heel and start walking back the way I came. But the minute I decide to leave is when I hear faint footsteps approaching from up around the next corner.

Of course, just when I tell myself he doesn't deserve for me to be here, he fucking shows up.

But as the footsteps grew louder and I turned around the corner, I was not met with Niall as I'd expected.

"Oliver?" I was shocked to see the bleach-blonde boy from the party the other night. The one I bumped into—literally—then we proceeded to have a brief chat on the balcony.

He smiled when he saw it was me. "Olivia? What are you doing all the way here?"

I'm so fucking confused.

"I'm travelling with Liam—with the band. What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but smile in return at how happy he is to see me.

He chuckled. "That's so funny, I work for them part-time. How have I never seen you around before?"