47

Olivia Campbell

We've been in our own little world all night.

Just us, and nothing else existed. Nothing could slow us down as we sped back across the bridge, windows down, music blaring, doing what we do best—just having a good time.

Even when we pulled up to Louis' apartment building, we ended up making out in the car for another ten minutes, not ready to part with the taste of each other yet. Or perhaps neither of us were ready to part with the Corvette. Niall and I raved about our mutual love of it after we made love on it.

The elevator to the top floor gave us another opportunity to have our hands all over each other, and of course we took advantage of that. I thought of Daytona, Niall's finger in my mouth on the way up to his penthouse suite.

Now we occupy the corner of Louis' kitchen where the alcohol station is, kissing and talking and laughing as usual. We're high on life and never want to come down.

"Have I told you how fucking sexy you look tonight?" Niall asked, trapping me between his chiseled body and the marble counter.

"Yes," I chuckled. "Like ten times."

He cocked his head to the side with a classic smirk, imitating a curious bird. "Only ten?"

"Isn't that enough?" The hem of his shirt was woven between my fingers, serving as a point of contact when the rest of him was an inch too far away.

"Never enough." He whispered back, finally bringing his arms around my waist and squeezing where he knows I'm ticklish. I slid my hands up his chest to wrap them around his neck.

"Have I told you that I'm so, so in love with you?" I asked, knowing damn well I just told him less than ten minutes ago.

"Hmm, I don't know..." Niall pretended to contemplate. "You'd better tell me again just to be safe."

I brought my lips to his ear, whispering, "I love you." It felt so natural, now, unlike the first time those words came spilling out from my subconscious thoughts.

"Okay, maybe it rings a bell..." Niall swiftly lifted me up and set me on the counter, standing between my parted knees. "I love you, too." He leaned in to kiss me, leaving me dazed from alcohol and affection.

I'll never tire of hearing those words fall from his lips. Tonight feels so surreal and part of me almost expects to wake up tomorrow only to find out this was all a dream. I still can't comprehend the fact that I'll get to roll over in bed, kiss his lips and hear an 'I love you' to start my day off right.

When Niall pulls back to take a sip of his drink, I pick mine up and see that it's empty.

"Niall," I bat my eyelashes overly dramatic. "Would you be a lamb and get me a refill please?"

I expected a clever response; some sort of witty comeback. Instead, he pecked my nose and said "anything for you."

I could get used to this side of him. The soft and sweet side that he isn't afraid to show, even when his friends are around. As long as I don't lose the banter and his often out-of-pocket comments, because those are the qualities that make him. Niall wouldn't be himself if he isn't saying or doing something amusing and absurd every five minutes.

Niall came back a moment later with my drink, but after one sip, I furrowed my brows at him while he was already grinning at me.

"Niall, what is this?" Not only was it completely different from what I was previously drinking, it tasted more like a slew of random ingredients.