✧ L Y D I A R O S E T T E

fun facts about lydia rosette that i will add to occasionally.

1. originally, tyler was meant to be one of her best friends but i couldn't remember when he was in or wasn't in the show and didn't want to rewatch at the time so i switched it to caroline.

2. she wanted to become a psychiatrist so that she could help people who were sick like her deal with what they were going through.

3. one of my biggest fears writing her character is that people get annoyed because so many characters love her and i know people like to name those type of characters Mary Sue but lydia is not loved by everyone. last time people were shocked that lydia was friendly with most of the villains but that doesn't mean they all love each other. i don't think it's a reach to have the mikaelsons love lydia. I don't want to spoil her relationship with other characters yet but there are several who don't like her. currently, it's matt, damon, and jeremy

4. lydia didn't have many friends in school because of the lie. since she was "sick" she wasn't allowed to participate in certain extracurricular activities such as sports and was carefully monitored by her parents which made it difficult to hang out with friends. many people also didn't want to be her friend because they thought she was dying so they avoided her.

5. since members of the town council knew what she was, she wasn't allowed to participate in any town events and even though she convinced herself she didn't want to, she was somewhat hurt by it and became sickly sweet to the founding families to annoy them.

6. she originally wanted to be a designer.

7. she had a crush on stefan when they first met, which stefan was well aware of, but he just thought it was cute since lydia was so awkward about it and lydia knew that they would never actually be together.

8. she is a sucker for pretty packaging and will buy anything that looks pretty, has a creative name, or smells nice even if she doesn't need it.

9. lydia threw away most of her childhood belongings such as stuffed animals and toys because they were all tainted of the memory of her bad childhood and a lot were gifts from people who thought that she was sick.

10. she has a fear of heights, but loves roller coasters and is always down to go on them.