✧ D E L E T E D S C E N E #4

deleted script from act one: set between bird and son
while kol continues to stay away from lydia, she runs into him and klaus at the grill and takes notice of him talking to another woman. klaus decides to meddle when he sees lydia alone, coming from the bathroom.

K: "He is trying to push you away because he does not believe he is good enough for you."

L: "What? Is this about him talking to that girl? I don't care about that, he's just my friend, why would I?"

K: "Because you do. My brother is similar to you. He feels unloved by his family and so he does not believe he is worthy of anyone's love. Including yours."

L: "I don't love him. If your brother feels unloved, why don't you do something about it?"

K: "You feel the same about your siblings, yes? And here you are with your sister who is trying to spend time with you. But you still feel unloved don't you? Siblings are a very complicated relationship. They are there from the moment you are born or you are there from the moment they are born. You grow up with them, you are told you must get along and if your parents care they will ensure that you do. Once the parents are gone, it is all up to you and you become independent people. Once you mess it up, it can be very hard to get that bond back."

L: "At least you're trying. I can't say the same for my siblings. They just feel bad. About everything. Everything they do is out of guilt."

K: "You really believe that?"

L: "Yes."

K: "And who put that idea in your head?"

L: "I really can't have my own thoughts can I? I'm sorry. I have to go- Kol. Hey."

Kol: "Niklaus can we please go?"

L: "So is your full name Niklaus?"

K: "Yes. Klaus is for short."

L: "But if you really wanted it shortened why not just Nik?"

Elena: "Lydia! Let's go."

L: "Bye, Kol. Nik."