✧ D E L E T E D S C E N E #5

deleted scene from act one: always and forever
the mikaelsons visit lydia in the hospital.

Elena didn't exactly know how she ended up in the spot. She had been here many times before, but never like this. Lydia had been taken to the hospital many times and she was used to leaving the hospital room to see a bunch of friends and family outside in the waiting room. Typically Jenna, Caroline, Jeremy, Bonnie, Matt, and Tyler. The Salvatore brothers joined that group when the Gilberts met them and so did Alaric. Who Elena never expected to see outside was the Mikaelsons. Yet here they were. And since Lydia knew they were here, she wanted to see them. Elena couldn't turn down her sister's requests when she was in a hospital bed.

Elena cleared her throat, folding her hands in front of her stomach and glancing at them, a bit uncertain of what to say."So, she does wish to see the three of you. But before you do, you should know that she's tired and weak. So just don't stress her out."

"We are not idiots, Elena, we know how to act around someone who is ill," Rebekah rolled her eyes as she stood up from the uncomfortable chair she was sitting on.

"What my sister means to say is that we will do our best to not upset Lydia," Elijah corrected, shaking his head in Rebekah's directions as he began to follow in the direction of his sister who was walking towards Lydia's room. Though he noticed that his younger brother remained seated."Aren't you coming, Niklaus?"

"Where did Kol run off to?" Klaus wondered as he glanced around the hospital waiting room.

"Actually, Lydia doesn't want to see Kol. . ." Elena trailed off. That didn't seem like it mattered. Kol was no where to be seen. Elena was a little confused as to what was going on. She thought Lydia liked Kol, but now Lydia said she didn't want to be around him. Elena wasn't complaining, but she hoped that he didn't do anything to hurt her.

"None of them should be seeing her," Damon scoffed from the other side of the room, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest."Why are you allowing the murderous musketeers to venture off into your dying sister's hospital room?"

"Damon!" Caroline exclaimed, leaning forward in her chair and narrowing her eyes at him.

"Come on, Niklaus," Elijah waved him over, ignoring the comments that came from Damon."We can find Kol after. I am sure he has run off to clear his head somewhere."

Klaus nodded his head slowly, standing up from the chair and making his way towards Elijah so that they could head over to the room that Lydia was staying in. By the time they reached the room and opened the door to it, they realized that what Elena said was wrong. Lydia was by no means tired or weak. In fact, she appeared to be the opposite.

"Rebekah!" Lydia exclaimed loudly as soon as Rebekah walked in extending her arms out to her and gesturing for her to come over."Hi! I missed you."

"I saw you the other day, lovely," Rebekah reminded her gently, smiling at the warmth Lydia displayed and moving over to her side. She couldn't hide her confusion though. She didn't expect Lydia to be the energetic. Rebekah turned to the nurse who had just finished adjusting something on Lydia's monitor."Is she alright?"

"She was complaining of pains in her head, so we gave her something to take care of that," The nurse explained."It typically makes patients more tired, but. . ."

"Yeah, Lydia's version of tired is her being abnormally energetic," Elena shared from behind the Mikaelsons. She had followed to make sure that everything was okay."She'll fall asleep in a bit."

"You smell nice," Lydia informed Rebekah as she leaned against her chest."Like roses."

"Lydia, please do not sniff her," Elena's eyes widened as she watched Lydia wrap her arms around Rebekah who didn't seem to mind, but Elena couldn't watch her sister hug an Original Vampire and not panic a little bit.