✧ D E L E T E D S C E N E #7

deleted scene from act four: the power of love
lydia invites sammy to the mikaelson's christmas party.

Lydia always enjoyed visiting indoor pools. She absolutely hated swimming in them, but she liked the smell. It reminded her of water parks, which she loved to go to. Unfortunately, she hadn't been able to go much as a child due to the rides being too stimulating for her "heart". After learning that wasn't true, Lydia had indulged in many of the activities that she wasn't allowed to do. Including water parks. When she first learned the truth, she was with Kol. Considering Kol had been daggered for decades before, many of the things Lydia wanted to do were fairly new, so they did them together. Now, what she loved reminded her of Kol. Everything reminded her of Kol. She had to push him from her mind. He had been trying to talk to her since last night, but Lydia didn't want to talk to him. She knew that if she showed up to the party by herself, he would have that chance. Or not. Since he was also attending with someone, according to Klaus. Which was why Lydia needed backup.

"It will be so much fun," Lydia insisted, staring at Sammy who was leaning against the pool wall and shaking his head. He had just finished practice and was ready to leave the pool when Lydia ambushed him with an invite. She invited him weeks ago, but he had turned it down to be with her family. Now she needed a friend there.

"Just two minutes ago, you said that you would be bored out of your mind," Sammy reminded her, causing her to frown.

"That's because I was trying to highlight that I would be bored without you," Lydia insisted."I just don't like those types of events, but the Mikaelsons are my family and I have to go."

"What about me says that I like those events?" Sammy questioned."How do you even know this family again? How are you apart of it?"

"I told you," Lydia sighed."They're Kol's siblings who took me in when I didn't have my own family and I live at their house. I didn't realize at the time that I would be required to participate in such events, though I probably should have because within like two seconds of meeting me, Kol invited me to his family's welcome home ball or something similar, so I have to go."

"So you won't be alone, you'll be with family," Sammy reminded her."Besides, I have to spend Christmas with my family at another boring and stuffy party."

"It's Christmas morning and you're doing laps in a pool," Lydia said, looking down at her friend who just rolled his eyes in response.

"So why'd you wait until the last minute?" Sammy wondered.

Lydia sighed and closed her eyes."As it turns out, one of the guests that were invited, is Kol's friend. Who might be a date. And I don't-"

"So why didn't you just say so?" Sammy cut her off."I can help you out with that."

"Really?" Lydia exclaimed happily, reaching forward and ruffling his wet hair."Thank you! Thank you! I will make it up to you."

"So you know, I'll be there for you," Sammy assured her."Just tell me what to do. Hold your hand. Kiss your cheek. And if you really want to make him jealous, I have no problems kissing-"

"You wish," Lydia laughed and shook her head as she stood up from the ground."I have to get going. I have hours of dressing up ahead of me. I'll see you later, okay? It starts at eight. I'll text you the address. Wear a tux and look nice or Elijah and Rebekah might kick you out, don't let Klaus scare you, and just know that despite his threats if he happens to get jealous, Kol won't actually kill you! Klaus might, you know Rebekah, and Elijah is kind of a wild card, but Kol won't."

"Wait, what?"