✧ I D E A S

here are just some ideas that never happened/things that are different in this version of the book

1. originally, instead of her parent's telling her that she had a bad heart, they were going to tell her that she had anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis. i'm not sure what made me change this. i forget.

2. rebekah and lydia weren't going to get along. i changed this because i thought that while lydia and rebekah do have somewhat conflicting personalities, lydia has somewhat of a "kill them with kindness vibe" which i think would just confuse rebekah and eventually lead to them being friends anyways plus i think rebekah really wanted a friend so badly in season 3 and lydia could give that to her since she was always nice.

3. jenna was going to come back at some point during act 4. the issue i didn't know what to do with her and lydia going to a new family with the mikaelsons is kinda essential to the story.

4. rae was going to be a werewolf.

5. lydia and damon were going to be best friends originally.

6. lydia and caroline weren't going to be friends.

7. there was going to be a small, few chapter arc where lydia was kidnapped by an enemy of Kol back when she was human and they were travelling together.

8. i think i've said this before, but the book was initially going to end with lydia dying to save kol at the end of act one.

9. in the original book, lydia forgave and rebuilt her relationship with jeremy before elena.

10. originally, lydia was going to meet her birth mother at the end of the book. this will now happen about half way through act four and lydia will respond much differently then before.