✧ I L L I C I T L O V E 2

this is just a list of things that are implied but not necessarily written.

1. lydia has a need for klaus' approval. it wasn't something i wrote intentionally, but i noticed it as i was writing. the reasoning for it that i have convinced myself of is that she sees a lot of herself in klaus and is worried that she will turn out alone like he was, but she knows that if klaus is fine with whatever it is that she's doing, then she at least won't lose him or the mikaelsons.

2. lydia's trust in caroline and elena or any of their friends is not and will never be 100% based on their past. stefan gets a little more because he was there for lydia up until he lost his humanity. she will always put the mikaelsons above them.

3. she has an unwavering loyalty to the mikaelsons, especially klaus.

4. but her loyalty to the mikaelsons is conditional on kol. if he were to want nothing to do with them, she would back him up (while they're together).

5. she's still a little unsure of elijah

6. lydia doesn't really have strong morals like other characters think that she does (you will see more of this towards the end of act four).

7. even though her relationship with elena is being repaired, she only sees her as a friend. she considers rebekah to be her only sister at this point.

8. part of the reason (a small part and certainly not the whole reason) the mikaelsons welcomed lydia into the family so easily is because they know that she's powerful, but are unaware of her true potential, and know it's better to keep her on their side (this will come back to bite them).

9. this is perhaps too much of a spoiler, but lydia is going to do something very stupid towards the end of act four. someone's going to object to it and it'll be a bit of a mess. i'm letting you know now so that you don't think it's just bad writing. i am aware that it's a bad idea and it's meant to be one.

10. i have something that i would like to add here because it's something i wrote a few times but no one ever picked up on it. it'll be mentioned more in about two chapters from when this is posted so i want to wait to see if anyone gets it and then i will update this lol.