✧ D E L E T E D S C E N E #2

from act one: shadow of the sun
deleted scene
lydia remembers her first time meeting rebekah mikaelson when the compulsion is removed

Lydia was rather annoyed in that moment, she was tired and had test to study for, but of course she left one of the books she needed at the Salvatore Boarding House when she was there the previous night. She tried calling Stefan and Damon to see if they were home, but neither answered so she decided to go get it herself and hopefully a door was unlocked. Luckily for her, the front door was left open and so she just walked in. Walking into their house was always an adjustment for her since it was dark inside, but it was starting to get dark outside so this time wasn't that big of an issue for her eyes

"Hello?" Lydia calked our as she entered the living room, hoping to see one of the two brothers."Damon? Stefan?"

Lydia didn't get a response from them, what she saw instead was someone sitting by the fireplace. All she could see was their back and their blonde hair, but she could hear them crying softly.

"Hey, are you alright?" Lydia called out, not sure what else to say as she walked over to them, crouching in front and watching as they looked up at her with teary eyes."What happened? Are you hurt? I'm Lydia. A friend of the Salvatores, well, sort of, maybe. Don't really know. Are you their friend?"

She stopped crying and looked up at Lydia, trying to compose herself a bit."I don't think they would consider me a friend."

"So you just casually cry on the floor of strangers' homes?" Lydia joked. She recognized the girl, she had seen her around the halls at school but never directly spoke to her."I think I've seen you around school before, what are you doing here?"

"It is a long story," Rebekah rose from the floor so Lydia did as well."Are you Lydia Gilbert by any chance?" Rebekah remembered her name since she was told my Klaus that she was off limits, but Klaus just gave her a quick explanation. But she didn't care what Klaus had to say now and Lydia didn't know how dangerous that was.

"You know who I am," Lydia sighed, sounding a bit annoyed. She didn't like when people immediately associated her with the Gilbert name because either a conversation about her sister or parents was always to follow. Never about her."That's not surprising. I guess you met my sister since she seems to spend more time with everyone but me. But we don't need to get into my issues or we'd be here all day. Are you okay?"

"I am fine," Rebekah assured her, surprised that Lydia seemed to genuinely care about her well being.

"As someone who isn't, I can tell you aren't," Lydia chuckled slightly and shook her head."What's wrong?"

Rebekah hesitated. It Lydia didn't know what she was, then she had no clue what Elena was up to and Rebekah couldn't exactly tell her. On the other hand, it didn't look like Lydia was going anywhere until she had some answers.

"I just found out a horrible truth about my brother,"  Rebekah admitted tiredly."Your sister brought it to my attention."

"You probably won't get an apology from her so I'm offering one on her behalf," Lydia told her with a sigh of her own, she knew how Elena could be sometimes."So what was this horrible truth about your brother?"

"He killed my mother and let my father take the fall for it," Rebekah answered quite bluntly, wanting to see her reaction. Perhaps this would be her revenge on Elena. By telling her sister the truth. But it didn't exactly go as planned. Rebekah was confused because Lydia didn't seem to be upset, she didn't seem to be scared or shocked. She just nodded her head and bit down on her bottom lip, staring at Rebekah like she was analyzing her.

"I'm sorry about that," Lydia furrowed her eyebrows."But are you sure you have the right information? Why would Elena know that?"

"I do not know if it is true," Rebekah answered, though she did have a bit of proof, she still wanted to confront her brother.

"Well why would your brother do something like that?" Lydia asked.

"I do not know," Rebekah frowned."I would have to talk to him about it. I know that my brother can be selfish, heartless and manipulative, but he would have been manipulating me for years on end. I cannot believe he is capable of this."

"I think you do," Lydia commented after a moment passed."Otherwise you wouldn't be crying over it. A small part of you must think it's true."

Rebekah raised her eyebrows and peered at Lydia, who looked rather calm and involved in the situation."You are acting quite casually for someone who was just told of a murder."

"If what you're saying is true, then your brother would be the murderer," Lydia shrugged her shoulders."So why would I be afraid of you?"

"Because I am just like my brother," Rebekah swallowed tightly, hating that it was somewhat true.

"I'm sure that's not true," Lydia shook her head."If you were heartless you wouldn't be here crying. Besides, I don't think it's possible for anyone to be heartless. I mean that in a metaphorical sense. Obviously it's not possible for anyone to be actually heartless because they'd die, but yeah."

Rebekah tilted her head upwards. She was intrigued by the woman in front of her and she couldn't quite figure out what it was that made her interested,"You are one of those optimists, are you not?"

"Damon doesn't call me Starry Eyes for nothing," Lydia laughed almost, but she shook her head."But no. I'm not. For myself. I think it's too late for me to change my life, but I don't think it's too late for you."

Rebekah frowned at this. Lydia was odd. She seemed to care for people and want to inspire them, but she couldn't do that for herself."And why is that? Why is it too late for you?"

"It's complicated," Lydia spoke."Just like the relationship between siblings unfortunately. Especially when our parents are dead and we have to manage our our family ties all on our own. You should talk to your brother. You can't get the full truth from anyone but him unless he's just a liar which I'm not sure you would know if he was good anyways. Just talk to him."

"Why are you helping me?" Rebekah wondered.

"I like to help people," Lydia shrugged her shoulders."Unfortunately, I have to get going. I have a test to study for. But if you need me to stay, I can.

"You can go," Rebekah nodded her head, but she knew she had to do something first so she pointed towards Lydia's hand and smiled."Can I see your bracelet first? It is really pretty."

"Oh sure," Lydia unclasped it and held it to Rebekah who took it into her hands before looking Lydia directly into her eyes.

"I need you to forgot what happened here," Rebekah compelled her."You came here to get your book and then you left. You never saw me. Get your book, get out, and forget this ever happened."