✧ D E L E T E D S C E N E #10

deleted scene from act four: waiting game
removed scene from stefan and lydia's talk

"Well, those last three things sound like something I want to avoid," Lydia somewhat joked."But I don't know. Love sounds pretty good. Let's try that."

"What do you-?" Stefan began to question her words, but he didn't get a chance to respond before Lydia quickly moved forward and pressed her lips against his, taking him by surprise. He didn't get a chance to even think about what was happening as it was happening. He wished he had. He wished that the first kiss would be enough for him. That it would be enough to tell him that he didn't enjoy the feeling of Lydia's lips on his as much as he thought he would and the feelings he had been having for her were strictly platonic. But the first time wasn't enough. For Stefan.

"Yeah, I didn't feel anything," Lydia huffed as soon as she pulled away, noticing that Stefan hadn't moved and his eyes were still locked onto hers."Guess I knew that was a long shot. I don't really-"

This time, it was Lydia being interrupted as Stefan cupped her cheeks and brought his lips against hers, this time, having the chance to take in the kiss and the way her lips felt. They were warm and soft, they were inviting to Stefan. Everything about Lydia was consuming him. The feeling of her mouth on his. The taste of the vanilla lipgloss she was wearing. Everything about her, made him want more. For him, it felt like what he had been missing for the last few months. A sense of belonging. And he didn't ever want to lose it, but he knew he had to.

Stefan pulled away slowly, but he didn't dare move his hands. They were still pressed against the soft skin of Lydia's cheeks, she was still close enough that he could feel her breath. Their eyes locked together, causing Stefan to feel somewhat vulnerable in that moment, realizing what he had just done. But he was sure that he could see it in her eyes. The way she looked at him. The way she didn't immediately pull away or reject him. He was certain that she felt it too. Until she spoke.

"At least one of us felt something," Lydia almost laughed before she pulled away and shook her head, opening the car door and slipping out, leaving Stefan alone inside.