☾ RENGOKU K. ≫ CAMELLIAS

Written by @realityphantom

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @Marcheese0628
• Rengoku Kyoujurou X Reader
• Gender neutral reader
• Angst
• No manga spoilers
• 2nd POV

—Modern + Hanahaki AU. Note: Boom you live in America now for this one shot. I've never written for gender neutral before, and I tried doing it in 3rd POV, but I couldn't, so this is in 2nd POV.

—Note(s): I've never written for Rengoku before and guess what? I never wanna do it again!!! I was so conflicted that I had to look up a Modern AU prompt list on Tumblr via Google for this. Tumblr. I added more story onto it, but still. Because what is Rengoku going to do, work at a fast food restaurant and shout at costumers to enjoy their greasy, heavily salted food? Or maybe a donut shop?? Anyways, say goodbye to Rengoku! I hate him! I never liked him anyways! I'm personally cancelling him! I'm sending him off on a train! The only thing that is getting me through writing this is building off the Tumblr prompt. Sorry this is so shit; the Tumblr user @/officialtribble proposed an "Internet friends AU."

CAMELLIAS ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

CAMELLIAS
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Did you get the flowers I sent?" he yelled through call. Yellow eyes were lit in excitement—excitement you found yourself admiring through the screen of your laptop.

All you could ever see of Rengoku Kyoujurou nowadays was his pixilated face plastered on an electronic device. A friendship separated by the vast ocean between you in the States and him in Japan sprouted to online communication.

"Yep!" you replied, holding up a bouquet of fresh-looking flowers to the camera in confirmation. "They came in. I'm surprised they're still intact?"

"Oh, I didn't send them from here!" Kyoujurou wholeheartedly laughed. "I saw this international service thing where they can send flowers, so I tried it on you!"

Telling him your address was probably the dumbest, yet best mistake you've ever made in your life, but it hasn't always been like this. The two of you met in high school when a team of Japanese foreign exchange students visited your campus. Kyoujurou was your exchange student for the time being, and it made things all the more easier that he was already fairly decent in speaking English. You two clicked that day, and you kept in touch online since then.