☾☼ KIBUTSUJI M. ≫ REASSURANCE

Written by Pastrixx

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by: @sophichann
• Kibutsuji Muzan X Reader
• Female reader
• Angst to fluff 
• No manga spoilers
• 3rd POV

—Modern + Human AU.

REASSURANCE ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

REASSURANCE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Sometimes when (Y/N) looks in the mirror she couldn't help but ask: How can someone as perfect as Muzan choose someone like her?

She admits it was a bit silly questioning their relationship that had been going on for years, but can you really blame her? Especially now when Muzan would come home very late each night.

She didn't want to doubt Muzan. If anything, she doubts herself more. That perhaps, she wasn't good enough for him anymore.

Still, it didn't change the fact that it had stung knowing that he would rather be doing this behind her back than confront her about this himself. And perhaps she could just be overlooking things and it was her low confidence that poisons her mind. Of course at the back of her mind, she still holds on to this doubt.

One day, (Y/N) went out to go grocery shopping. Well that was what she had initially planned to do, but she hadn't expected to see him on her way to the grocery store.

(Y/N) felt her heart shatter into pieces.

He wasn't alone. He was walking with another woman in broad daylight. She wouldn't think of anything else, but the woman was clinging to his arm and Muzan didn't seem to mind it.

So she was right after all...?

She didn't have the nerve to confront Muzan about this in public, she instead turned around with a choke sob and ran away.

Not aware that a pair of red eyes had caught sight of her disappearing form.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂