☾☼✩ KOKUSHIBOU ≫ TRYST

Written by @realityphantom

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @CelestiaIsLost
• Kokushibou X Reader
• Female reader
• Fluff to angst
• No manga spoilers
• 3rd POV

—Warning(s): Cheating/adultery (non-sexual)

TRYST
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Romeo and Juliet was a fairytale he did not share interest in, for the popular plot of love's tragedy was cliche at best and downright annoying at worst—at least, in Kokushibou's opinion, it was.

So when meeting (L/N) (Y/N), a frail human whom he could've easily killed, felt like a fairytale on its own, he did not hesitate to deny it. That sad gleam in her eyes, the extraordinary lack of fear she had facing the Upper Moon One, and the way her skin glowed against the moonlight—it all felt surreally fantasy-like.

But he was hooked the moment she raised her hand to the night sky, showcasing an unmistakable wedding ring around her finger. It was plain and nothing breathtaking, which was quite unlike (L/N) herself, in Kokushibou's opinion.

That was their first meeting, and Kokushibou did not miss that look of hopelessness and regret lining her eyes as she gazed upon her own wedding ring.

Was she shocked or relieved that he had not killed her that night?—Kokushibou was never able to tell.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Their second meeting was also unintentional.

But he found her at least a little interesting, so he decided to humor her just one night more.

"I don't know whether you're lucky or just damned for eternity, dear demon," she said in a pathetic laugh, once again eyeing the moon. Like before, she had not a drop of fear in her despite standing next to the threatening presence of the strongest Upper Moon.