☾☼ IGURO O. ≫ NEVER ALONE

Written by -CHEWIE-

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @peachcrxme5548
• Iguro Obanai X Child!Reader
• Female reader
• Angst to fluff
• No manga spoilers
• 3rd POV

—Note(s): Platonic relationship; cussing.

NEVER ALONE▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

NEVER ALONE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The image of blood was still fresh in (Y/N)'s mind. Shrunken in the corner of the small house she couldn't do anything but shake in absolute terror. Soft sobs escaped her lips, holding her hands against her mouth to silence her sharp breaths.

"Hey, you're safe now. The monster is dead, everything is going to be okay now," a hushed voice spoke to her.

Her sobs didn't stop. The person that stood before her was a shorter man with long hair. Upon first glance one might assume he was a woman.

His mismatched eyes, his dark colored hakama pants with his white and black haori.

Just like daddy.

(Y/N)'s cries stopped once she made eye contact with the man, his bandage-ridden face didn't stop her imagination. He looked just like daddy...

Unbeknownst to little (Y/N), the man that saved her wasn't her father— but rather serpent hashira Obanai Iguro of the Demon Slayer Corps.

The young girl saw her father get mauled in front of her, but miracles existed. Right?

"Papa? You're okay!" (Y/N) clung on to Obanai, he remained unmoving.

Confusion racked him, but he stayed quiet so the child would snap out of her shock. (Y/N)'s arms shook lightly around the man, wetting his haori with her tears.

"Child, how old are you?" Obanai asked, his hand lingering over her back.

She sniffled, and looked up at him, "I'm 7, can we go home now?"

At first, the demon slayer was confused. Was this not her home? Unbeknownst to him, (Y/N)'s family had all died from the flu last winter— all except her father who she just killed right in front of her. Her mind was fragile, especially from the mental and physical trauma.

"What's your name?" he asked, still on the floor.

Another sob broke out, "You don't remember me? It's (Y/N)!"

Another rough voice interrupted them, "Iguro! Let's get going!" a man with white hair covered in scars stood in the doorway, "Is that a kid?"

"Yeah... She thinks I'm her dad. She won't let go of me." 

(Y/N) wrapped her arms tighter around Obanai once the other man stepped into the house.

"It smells like shit in here," he commented, "We'll take her to a wisteria house and then the servants can drop her off at the orphanage."

For whatever reason, the way he spoke so casual about it struck a nerve within the Serpant Hashira.

"What if she doesn't let go of me? What then, Sanemi?"

Sanemi scoffed, "We'll be gone before she notices and starts crying, by then it won't be our problem anymore."

Obanai felt a steering rage overtake his body. Despite the growing flames inside his body, he remained cool on the outside. His anger escaped through his tone.

"Since you're so incapable, I'll take care of it then."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The city was beyond crowded, the small man and the even smaller child had to push through the streets surrounded by other bodies. Only a few minutes of pushing and shoving passed before Obanai lost little (Y/N)'s hand. Panic was sent into his veins, unable to hear her protests over the loud chatter of the crowd.

Fuck, this isn't good. Obanai cursed in his mind, but he was out of ideas when the crowd of people swept him to the sides of the streets. He could finally walk without shoulders constantly bumping him.

"Papa! Papa!"

(Y/N) was further up the street calling out for her 'father'. Obanai immediately perked up, he tried focusing on her yelling through the booming chatter. He didn't wanna cause a scene, so swiftly and quietly he jumped over the crowd entirely— using the walls close to him to propel him.

Obanai landed without a noise, (Y/N) had a hint of disappointment in her glossy eyes.

"What's wrong now?"

"I know you're not really my dad, I was hoping if I called out for him... The real papa would come," she confessed, her eyes misty with tears.

He looked down at the small girl in silence as hot tears made their way down her cheeks. He was speechless with guilt. If I had gotten there earlier, I could've saved you from this heartbreak. No child deserves to lose their parents, especially not a girl who's lost so much already.

Leaning down, he looked into her teary eyes, "You can live with me, you'll never have to be alone ever again. I promise."

The tears in her eyes didn't stop, but happiness bubbled inside her stomach.

"Yes. Please. Just, don't leave me alone!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Written by -CHEWIE-

┌──────────────┐夢の店└──────────────┘

┌──────────────┐
夢の店
└──────────────┘