☾✩ KOKUSHIBOU ≫ BY YOUR SIDE

Written by -CHEWIE-

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @rosuzen
• Kokushibou X Reader
• Female reader
• Angst
• Manga spoilers
• 2nd POV

—Note(s): 90% angst, minor cussing and gore.

BY YOUR SIDE▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

BY YOUR SIDE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Every vein attached inside your body felt as if it was ablaze. Raw adrenaline ran through your veins, heat building up inside causing your blood to literally boil. You were face to face with the second strongest being to ever walk the Earth, right beside Kibutsuji Muzan. Upper moon one, Kokushibo.

There was something about the way his name fell out of your mouth made your stomach flutter, a nostalgic longing type of flutter. You cursed at the way his eyes lied on you with malice, making something inside your brain click. It wasn't fear, for yourself or the hashira fighting beside you, but the foreign feeling of regret bubbled inside your stomach.

Time seemed to slow, his eyes locked with yours, katana's present and brows furrowed. You clenched your jaw as you raised your sword above your head, despite every small voice inside your mind screaming to not do so. You were knocked back by the mere force of his sword, cutting the air into curved strips and knocking you backwards. You had let your guard down far too early in this battle.

Your back hit a wooden pillar knocking the air out your lungs, you watched with blurry vision the battle unfold. The demon continuously cuts the air, sending the rest of your comrades flying backwards and rolling onto the floor. Your chest had burned, begging for oxygen to fill it's vessels. There was something unchanging about the demon's movements- his body remained almost untouched.

Nevertheless, his gaze never drifted away from you.

At first, raw rage had taken over your body, was he mocking you? Looking down on you perhaps?

You weren't quick enough to move, Shinazugawa and Himejima had already made their move on their single opponent. Striking dust around them, for whatever reason you were still in shock.

"Get off your ass (Y/N)!" Shinazugawa's rough voice reached your ears, finally bringing you back down to Earth.

But this wasn't Earth... Not anymore, it was a living hell.

Without thinking you lunged forward again, the tip of your sword cutting the air around you. All six eyes of his met yours, his red orbs misty with tears. His heart ached, but he didn't know why. The clanging of swords didn't make the tempest in his mind settle in the slightest— images of his humanity flashing in his brain.

Everyone was covered in sweat and blood, some more than others. Red liquid dropped from your nose, the iron taste invading your mouth. The sight of blood on your face triggered him, his heart stopped beating for a split second.

He knows, he knows those eyes.

"Don't you think it's a little dangerous leaving in the middle of the night? Why don't you stay here a little longer?"

A familiar voice rang inside his head, your voice. Remembering the look you have on him as he puts his shoes on. Your soft hand sat on his shoulder, trying to convince him to stay.

"It'll be okay, I won't take that long anyways."

"Idiotic dumbass!" Kokushibou cursed aloud, you almost flinched at his sudden yelling, "Don't leave her!"

He left without a second thought, not giving the concerned look on your face any mind. When he came back only a few hours later the small cottage was painted in blood— your blood. He saw your face, ridden from life.

Memories of your sweet smile filling his racked brain, your laugh echoing in your ears. It all ceased, because he left your side. You warned him, you warned him to stay. Nevertheless, he left.

He never got to see your smile ever again, the only emotion on your face was pure fury. Your katana reached his neck, fingers wrapping around the handle as if there was no tomorrow.

Desperate to kill him, your katana slipped through the flesh of his neck. Your face battered and covered with your blood.

Kokushibo didn't fade, not right away. He braced himself with the impact of the ground, only to never meet it.

Your warm hands held him up, fingertips brushing against his tattooed cheeks.

"I know who you are, Michikatsu," his name rolled off your tongue so perfectly, "Thank you, all those years back. I will cherish that feeling despite it being short lived."

He couldn't say anything, the bottom half of his face was ash. All he could do is cry with the little humanity still left in him. Your soft smile graced your cheeks, you were beautiful.

If there is a God. He gave me a woman with so much love, and I am thankful. Kokushibo's thoughts sounded quiet.

So thankful to see her smile.

Tears unconsciously fell on your face, your fellow hashira were left confused and battered. Bittersweetness and the taste of blood sat in your throat— for the rest of your life. 

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Written by -CHEWIE-

┌──────────────┐夢の店└──────────────┘

┌──────────────┐
夢の店
└──────────────┘