₀₀₁. many questions, none answered

IT WAS DARK, WHEREVER IT WAS. And cold. Dark and cold, cold and dark.

Which was strange because she clearly remembered sleeping in her own bedroom last night. For a brief moment, she wondered if she had died. Maybe this had been one of Meowth's pranks, though she had sworn the cat Pokémon had never had any moves like this in his moveset.

She was floating, Yuu realized quickly. In what, though, was a different matter completely. The darkness was endless, boundless. And even though she seemed to be underwater, she wasn't drowning.

Tendrils of ink emerged from the depths to grapple and prod at her legs in an effort to dredge her into its abyss. She gaped her mouth in a silent scream and struggled to kick them away, to no avail. Even as she continued thrashing, more thick strands of tar latched on her body and welded effortlessly into her skin.

A lovely and noble flower of evil... You are the most beautiful one of them all!

A masculine voice that was most definitely not hers rippled around the ink, cold and ominous. It startled her so much that she completely forgot to move. I— What?

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall... Who is the one that will...

The voice kept on fading in and out of her hearing. She yelped, a silent scream, when an inky tendril curled around her ankle and yanked her whole body backward.

Craning her neck up at the murky waters and the harsh sunlight filtering through the surface, Yuu desperately tried to pinpoint the source of that voice. Her eyes widened at the sight of a large and ornately decorated mirror floating in the water. It quickly burst into green flames, sparks bursting through the glass despite being underwater.

She was beginning to suspect that this wasn't a dream after all.

O, One who has been guided by the Dark Mirror. As long as thine own heart desires, take the hand that appears in the Mirror.

Yuu gaped in horror as she found her arms reaching out for the mirror on their own accord. The Mirror seemed to pull at her and her body obeyed it like some kind of magnetic force. No, no, she most definitely did not desire whatever this was.

Flames that can even turn tomorrow into ashes. Ice that can freeze time in its place. Earth that can swallow the sky!

But you, O Guided One, already know of this power beforehand, do you not?

Her body seemed to be pulled forwards against her will and she began to panic. It was the silent dread type, the one that overcame her senses and paralyzed her to the very core. As if reading her thoughts (and it probably could), the voice rang clear and deep in her head again.

Show no fear of the power of darkness. Come now, show me your power.

Her brows furrowed. For the first time, her vocal cords came back to her. "But why?" Her voice was a little waterlogged when she spoke, but it still carried throughout the darkness.