₀₁₆. first impressions

IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT ACE AND DEUCE AND GRIM WOULD NOT STOP PESTERING HER about what she, Trey, and Crowley had talked about after they were sent out of the room.

"Are you kidding me? Even Milcery knows! And you're saying I, the Great and Powerful Grim, doesn't?"

He always got this whiny when he didn't get his way. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you. Headmaster's orders. But don't worry! You'll find out soon enough."

"Boo! Laaame."

"Stop it, you're starting to sound like Ace."

And they would continue to pester her about for the next couple of days. Trey was not spared either, a curious Cater and an equally-curious-yet-more-restrained Riddle on his tail. Their saving grace was Magift Season, which after a discussion with Ace and Deuce, made her realize that it was a peculiar sport similar to Unovian[1] football. Apparently, the craze was so widespread that the others just forgot about her and Trey.

And so they had time to prepare.

With full permission from Professor Crewel— to her surprise, he was the Science Club's advisor— Zoroark was moved from Heartslabyul to the Science Club room. (Call it a probation, if you will.) It was actually rather big, this room, so they installed a pen for him to reside in for the time being.

The Professor, actually, was the only person on campus who Zoroark had an inkling of fear for. As far as Yuu knew, anyways. After all, the way the man waved that whip around was the farthest thing from... comforting. And so the Pokémon behaved whenever he was around.

(Even so, she would never let that whip ever come within any Pokémon, she silently promised.)

Heartslabyul, as a whole, was rather blind to the entire Zoroark incident. Thank Arceus for that. Cater and Riddle had chalked it up as just an unruly student messing around with a Transformation Unique Magic, which was really... More or less, a close description to what really happened. Their students ate it up anyway.

"Rest assured, I will make sure the perpetrator will never pull stunts like these again!" Riddle really did mean it, though.

"Long live Dorm Leader Rosehearts!"

The Science Club was actually rather bare, Trey and Crewel explained to her and Crowley. It was a promise that no students would discover Zoroark's existence during his little probation because... Well, there were no students to witness anything.

This was partly because all the students last year were third-years, and had long since moved on.

Another part, Trey had reminisced with a sigh, was because of a grand-scale stunt performed by a Pomefiore student last year— all for the sake of witnessing a beauty far out of this world, whatever it was.