₀₁₁. enough is enough

THE ONE THEY FOUND THAT AFTERNOON WAS NOT TREY, but Cater instead. He looked uncharacteristically startled to see the four of them, more so to see Yuu. ...For some peculiar reason. She supposed it wasn't too weird of him upon deeper consideration. Perhaps he was still feeling guilty after that morning's... distasteful incident. It still left a bitter taste in her mouth.

The four of them came to him and intercepted him at the Hall of Mirrors, where he was just about to cross into Heartslabyul.

"...Cater-senpai, there you are." They caught up to him and he spun around with a vague look of confusion and alarm on his face.

Deuce crossed his arms, "Do you happen to know where Trey-senpai might be?"

"Wha—?!" Grim, who sat on her shoulders, shot up ferociously. He pointed at the dish in his hand with an accusatory look on his face. He looked like he couldn't believe it himself. "While we were suffering all day, this guy's just leisurely eating some apple pie the whole time?!"

The generous amount of whipped cream piled on top seemed to be taunting them.

She squeezed him lightly. "Grim, drop it." He did, albeit rather begrudgingly.

"Hey, guys," Cater twirled the fork in his hand languidly. "The ones they make in the cafeteria are delicious. The... ghosts made lots today!"

"This guy..." Ace clicked his tongue, his brows knit together. "You still wanna act all high and mighty after what happened this morning? I swear, this freaking dorm..."

"He's still in a bad mood from this morning, so don't worry about him," Yuu said, not too keen on apologizing to anyone anymore. She was rather ticked off herself. "Anyways, do you happen to know where Trey-senpai is?"

He looked at them curiously. "Why would you think I know that?"

Deuce raised an eyebrow. "Because... you're both third years and spend enough time together? We assumed you would have known, sorry?"

"Ah yes, that. Right. Of course, since we have known each other for so long. Right~" He waved his free hand, nodding along, "Unfortunately, I don't know where he is."

"Seriously? Don't you two hang out with each other every day?" Ace placed a hand on his hip, his eyes narrowed suspiciously, "You're holding out on us, aren't you?"