₀₁₀. down for the count

UH. HI. FIRST AND FORMOST, please accept my apologies for being late by like... [proceeds to check the date...] SIX WEEKS. remember when I said I'd update on the 30th? the 30th of last month? yeah, I'm super sorry. Please accept my most sincere apologies, guys. 

[more information regarding my long ass hiatus in the end!]

IT WAS SAFE TO SAY ACE PROPERLY LOST HIS SHIT when he found out Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder later that night. At first he didn't even believe it, not until she popped out of her Pokéball in all her sparkly new glory.

"Practically reborn," he had shrieked, pointing at the creature like she was some sort of otherworldly eldritch being. Which she wasn't, but the look on Ace's face said he thought otherwise. Calming him down took a large deal of explaining and answering questions.

"Fletchinder, huh? Like... cinders, right? Nice wordplay," He said at last, eyeing the bird (who preened) up and down in a stunned fashion, "I still can't get over evolution, man. How can they just change?"

"Well you're gonna have to," Yuu quipped, letting Fletchinder perch on one of the couches in the lounge, "Most Pokémon can evolve."

"For real?" Deuce pointed to Milcery, who was sloshing around playfully in the bowl, "So you mean Milcery can evolve too? What about Noibat or... Sandslash?"

"What about Meowth? I don't want him to get bigger than me," Grim grumbled and crossed his arms. "Or Audino! She's already scary and rude enough, bah!"

"Wait." Ace gasped and slapped a hand over his mouth. He whispered quietly, as if he was scared to say it aloud. "What about Mamoswine?"

Grim and Deuce froze. Fletchinder, on the other hand, hooted with laughter.

She wheezed at the terror-stricken expression on all three of their faces. "Okay, okay! Wipe that look off your faces, you're making us crack up. Milcery can evolve, so can Noibat and Meowth. But don't worry— Sandslash, Audino, and Mamoswine can't evolve any further."

They collectively breathed a sigh of relief.

"You can kind of tell, you know? Since they both look more... Mature would be the best way to put it. That being said, I guess you can say that's why Fletchinder still has one more evol to go."