₀₀₆. what is a flamingo?

IT TOOK EVERYTHING YUU AND MEOWTH HAD to prevent Audino from dealing Ace a Drain Punch to the gut. They had just scrambled down the stairs to witness Audino tackle the boy to the ground. They landed on the ground in a tangle of limbs and Yuu had barely got to them in time to catch Audino's raised, glowing fist.

"Hey, hey! Break it up, break it up!" She screamed, prying the two apart with Meowth's aid. With a yank, she was able to distance the two a good five feet from each other that was out of punching distance. "I'm really sorry about her."

He scowled at her, at the pink menace, then at the cat. "I thought you said they were well-trained, good-mannered."

"Well, they are, most of the time— Whoa!" Yuu exclaimed once she had caught sight of the heart-shaped lock that was wrung around his neck. "Is that...?"

He sighed deeply. "Yes."

From behind Meowth, Audino hissed something at him— something Yuu couldn't understand, but something dripping with malice nonetheless. Her doe eyes narrowed into slits.

"What?"

"Meowth, a translation, please," Yuu called.

"She thinks you're a big jerk."

"He's talking." Ace took a step back, maybe three, pointing at him. "Another talking cat. Great, just what I needed. And some kind of pink rabbit thing that wants to kill me.

The feline took a step forward, offended for both their sakes. "What's that s'posed to mean?"

"Meowth, Audino. Lay off of him, will you?" She coaxed both of her Pokémon back, before turning to face him, "Ace, please calm down."

"Why can he talk?" He repeated after a moment of silence.

"A lot of hard work and determination," Yuu said at the same time as Meowth said, "I sacrificed the heart of a Gogoat to the gods above." He instantly remembered the boy wouldn't understand the joke and coughed to his fist.

"What'd ya do to her anyway?"

(His teammates weren't the type to start a fistfight, even if it was Audino. On the other hand... Ace, from what Meowth could already tell, already gained a track record for riling up people and monsters alike. He had a right to have his suspicions. Just what exactly did that boy do?)