₀₁₂. snow day

oops, should have posted a couple days earlier. My bad!

!! UNEDITED !! The long-awaited fight. Shit hits the fan. Like, quickly. Like, faster than you can blink quickly. Oh, and this chapter is a little bit shorter than usual. Sorry about that as well. Have fun reading!

YUU STARED DOWN AT THE POKÉBALL IN HER HAND and briefly contemplated what would have happened if Trey had not used his Unique Magic when he did. Well, she would have pulled Fletchinder out. And if she hadn't, and listened to the Headmaster's explicit orders? What about then?

The thought of Ace lying dead at her feet made bile rise up in her throat.

"This is...?!"

"H-Huh...? I'm alive...?" The boy in question scrambled to his feet, staring at the shiny shapes that swirled all around him. "What are these— Card suits?!"

Deuce, along with everyone else who was still present in the vicinity, stared at the rose bushes— which had exploded into a multi-colored flurry of card suits. "All the bushes turned into card suits! This is..."

"His Unique Magic," She breathed, all too focused that Ace was still breathing, still alive. She pocketed her ball.

"Riddle, enough already!" Trey's fingers curled around his magical pen. This was the first time she had seen him openly glare at his childhood friend.

Cater gaped at him. "Trey's Doodle Suit?! Eh, but how...?"

Grim scampered off her shoulders, looking down at his neck with wonder. "The collars restricting our magic are gone!" Only did he point it out did she realize that they were finally free once more.

"I told you, right? My Doodle Suit can change any given situation for any amount of time." He explained quickly, "That's why I changed Riddle's Magic so that it was replaced with mine."

"No way... I didn't even know that was possible!" Cater said with awe, "That's way overpowered then, isn't it?"

"You wouldn't show your entire deck early on at Night Raven College, would you?"