₀₁₇. let's make friends

hi! I have more notes at the bottom, but first I'd like to address something that I forgot in the last chapter. I'm not fluent in French, so what Yuu and Rook said might've been/might be off. don't be afraid to correct me if that is the case!

anyways, please enjoy this chapter! I worked hard for it! >:)

GRIM, FOR WHATEVER REASON, WAS COMPLETELY ENAMORED WITH "MAGIFT" the moment he discovered what it was. After Crowley roped him, Yuu, Ace, and Deuce into another meeting regarding the sport and the upcoming tournament, the feline would not stop talking about it. More importantly, he would not stop moping about how he could not play because he was not a human.

He'd go on and on about that for the next few days until the ghosts of Ramshackle (who were excellent players back in their prime) offered to play with him. The five of them would end up roping Yuu and the rest of her team into their little unofficial tournament, where Grim would find out the hard way that Audino and Fletchinder had quite the competitive streak.

That's where Headmaster Crowley would find them laughing and hooting as they passed a spinning disk to each other on the lawn. Mamoswine was considered an overpowered asset to either team he was placed on, so he reserved himself to the sidelines. His large stature could even be seen from the very front gates of the dorm.

"Oh, Headmaster Crowley," Yuu waved upon seeing the well-dressed man, "What brings you around today?"

"Hello, Yuu-kun and company," He acknowledged, offering a greeting to each Pokémon in her team. It pleased her that he took the time to remember each of their names. "It seems you're in good spirits. Playing Magical Shift, I see?"

"Gah, it's you!"

"Ah, and I could never forget Grim. You're getting along quite well with the dorm ghosts and the team. Splendid, splendid!"

"Yeah right, gettin' along— Who says we're gettin' along?" Meowth stammered.

"Don't mind them, sir," she dismissed. Now that she thought about it, it was strange that the Headmaster would show up before them of his own volition. "Did you need something from us, actually?"

She could see that his face twisted into one of anxiousness since she asked. "Yes, I do have a request to make of you." He eyed the ghosts and said, "It's not just simple chit-chat, so let's make our way inside, shall we?"

"We see! You want us to scram, is that it? Well then, haunt you later, hee hee hee!"

Mamoswine opted to rest outside, but the rest of her critter entourage tailed after. Yuu shrugged and let Crowley follow her inside the Ramshackle building. The lounge had certainly been in better condition since the last time he visited.