₀₀₅. no "i" in team

"THIS SHOULD BE FAR ENOUGH," Yuu said in between her panting, unhooking her arms from Ace and Deuce once she knew for certain they were far enough away from the mines. She had led the party back to the clearing beside the cottage. Her back continued to ache dully so she slumped against one of the trees. "Is everybody here in one piece?"

Maybe she should close her eyes for a bit. From above, Noibat wheezed and landed on top of her head with his wings splayed about. She let him rest there— it wasn't like she minded it anyway.

"More or less," The ginger beside her groaned, taking a squat on a nearby tree stump. He rubbed his head, scowling as he recalled the earlier events. "What in the world was that... thing anyway?!"

Grim looked back uneasily in the direction of the Mines, struggling to catch his breath. "Crowley didn't say a thing about that!"

Deuce knit his brows together and placed a thoughtful finger on his chin. "It didn't seem like any old ghost. Those blows were really no joke."

"Of course not." Yuu's eyes remained closed. That Pokémon— if it could even be considered one— wasn't anything like she had ever seen before. Granted, she wasn't as well-versed on the Galarian Pokédex as she would have liked, but she couldn't remember anything like that existing, ever. Not to mention, it was capable of speech, like Meowth...

"Not only that, but Yuu, are you alright?" He gave her a concerned look. "You took two hits from that thing back there."

"It's just a little bruising, I'll be alright—"

"That's exactly why we should give up and go home." Ace stood up and dusted himself off. "I'd rather get expelled than fight that thing. So forget it."

She cracked open an eye. "Are you serious?"

"I'm doing a little thing called cutting my losses."

"What?! Don't screw with me!" Deuce sprung up from where he was, outraged at the very idea of leaving when the stone was so close to their grasp. He leapt forward and spun Ace around. "There's a magic crystal right in front of us and you want to go home?!"

"You talk a big game for someone worse at magic than me." He immediately wrenched himself out of Deuce's grasp, eyeing him up and down with a sneer. Waving a hand at Yuu, Grim, and Noibat, he continued, "With a deadbeat like him, we have no chance. Even with his magic pets or whatever, we still couldn't defeat it. Do whatever you want, but I'm done."