Chapter Nine Training to Begin

The next day I spent more time with my family. Elrond did start to teach me elvish, but I couldn't focus for more than a couple hours. All of us, Bilbo and Aragorn had meals together. I finally had some time to myself after dinner and wrote a letter to Frodo. As I finished writing it, I saw Aragorn at my door as he knocked.
"Come in," I said.
"Your father wants me to began training you tomorrow," he said. I raised an eyebrow.
"Really? But my shoulder isn't fully healed," I said.
"There's plenty of instruction I can give you before you even weld a weapon," he grinned.
"You sure? What makes you such a master then?" I replied.
"Well, the elves raised me for starters." I frowned. Then he reached a hand out.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way," he said with concern. I shook my head.
"Why wasn't I raised here? How come my father refuses to talk about it? And why don't I know the prophecy that I'm apparently a part of?" I burst, finally snapping. His eyes softened as he came up to me. I had stood up and he put his hands on my shoulders.
"Bella, you are Farrien, the daughter of Elrond. Your father has your best intentions, he will tell you in time. It was for your safety he sent you so far away."
"But why can't I know everything right now?" I said blinking back tears.
"It's a lot to handle. And you need to recover still. That poison was meant to kill you. Your father was the only one who could have saved you."
"Bilbo said your horse nearly collapsed. Did you run straight here?" I asked.
"Yes."
"Since I haven't had the chance to say it, thank you for saving my life," I said to him as he smiled.
"Your quite welcome. I would do it again in a heartbeat," he grinned. I smiled.
"Well, goodnight my lady," he said as he took my hand and kissed it. I tried not to blush as he let go.
"Goodnight Aragorn," I replied with a smile as he left my room.