Chapter Thirty Seven The Breaking of the Fellowship

We traveled some ways but got separated from each other. Orcs and who knows what else was coming for us. I got separated from Frodo and Sam as I was with Merry and Pippin when the Uruk Hai found us. I fought by myself and yelled, hoping the others would hear my cry. The hobbits started throwing rocks. An arrow found my previous wound as I screamed in agony. My vision got blurry as I thought I saw Boromir arrive. He blared his horn for help. I tried fighting with my sword and killed a few others. But they charged Boromir and I saw him get pierced by arrows as well. I screamed again. The orcs had grabbed Merry and Pippin as I tried running. My arrow wound made me fall to the ground. An Uruk Hai stood in front of me. I haphazardly swung my sword but he easily got it out of my grip. I braced for death.
***
An arrow then pierced the Uruk Hai's  head. I gasped as they body then fell on top of me.
"Ugh," I spat. The weight was then lifted off of me by Legolas. He frowned more when he saw my wound.
"Thanks," I said through gritted teeth.
"You're hurt," he said as he helped me up.
"It's not that bad..." I said as I then groaned in pain and grabbed my bad shoulder. His eyes widened.
"Where's the herbs your father packed?" He said as I pointed to a pocket in my pack. He hastily got it out as he then looked at my arrow wound.
"Merry and Pippin," I groaned as he grabbed my shoulder.
"You can't help them if you're dead," he spat back.
"This is going to hurt," he said as I looked at the arrow sticking out. I grabbed a twig and bit down hard. Legolas locked eyes with me as he pulled it out. Then I remembered nothing.

I woke up sometime later on the forest floor. My shoulder felt better as I looked around. Legolas was by my side. I tried to sit up.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Merry and Pippin were taken... and Frodo and Sam went ahead alone," he revealed. Anger flooded through me.
"No..."
"Farrien," he tried to touch my good shoulder.
"I am afraid that is not all... Boromir was killed after you passed out." My eyes were full of fire and rage.
"What?" He lowered his head.
"Boromir is dead." I stood up despite the pain, looking around wildly. What if something happened to Aragorn? Or Gilmi...
"Where is everyone?" I gasped. Legolas stood by me.
"Aragorn is preparing Boromir's body," Legolas said.
"You need to rest," he tried to say as I pulled my arm away from him.
"Let go of me!" I hissed as I made my way to the boats.
I saw Aragorn bent over checking on the boat. Gimli was nearby working on his ax. Aragorn saw me first and ran up to me.
"Farrien, are you alright?" He asked.
"I'm alive," I said as I glanced at Boromir. Aragorn sighed.
"He died saving you at least," Aragorn said quietly. I turned to him.
"How?" I said.
"He took an arrow that was meant for you. We were almost too late coming to save you," he said as he looked at my shoulder briefly. My sleeve was bloody and bandaged.
"What are we going to do Aragorn? Merry and pippin are gone, Frodo and Sam left..." Gimli and Legolas had come closer now.
"First, we bury Boromir as best as we can. Then we go after Merry and Pippin... Frodo has Sam," he explained.
"The fellowship is breaking," Gimli sighed. Aragorn walked over to him.
"So long as we're still alive it isn't," he said.
We sent Boromir's body free in the water.
Aragorn grew stern as he started to lighten his pack.
"What are you doing?" Gimli asked.
"Lighten your load. It will make moving faster. Now we go after Merry and Pippin. Let's hunt some orc," he said with a smirk as I smiled at the three. Gimli gave a laugh followed by a war cry. Aragorn darted off in the woods and we followed after. Don't worry Merry and Pippin, we're coming to save you.

Note: I think this will be the last chapter of this book. I will make a sequel that will follow The Two Towers/ROTK. Thanks for reading! 5/16/21