Chapter Fourteen Aragorn POV

I met Elrond after Farrien's lesson. She was stronger but still needed to heal.
"How was she today?" He asked. I had met him in his study.
"Stronger, but I'm not sure she should be handling a bow yet. She could hardly pull it herself." Elrond sighed.
"It has been weeks now. I do not understand this poison," he said frustrated.
"I think we both know who really was behind her attack in the first place," I said. The elf turned to me with fire in his eyes.
"I forbid you to utter his name here in Rivendell!"
"But you know it must be him behind the attack. Her wound will never fully heal," I said.
"Then what do you expect me to do? Her time here has only begun," he spat back.
"I will go away for a while. Make him try to track me instead of her." Elrond raised an eyebrow.
"But I thought you two had grown... close," he said as he faced me.
"I will leave if it will help her," I said.
"She will not like this."
"Neither do I," I replied. Elrond smiled fondly at me.
"You have the making of a king Aragorn. If you ever chose to act upon your birthright, I will allow you to marry one of my daughter's," he revealed as my mouth gaped open.
"My lord, you are too kind," I said unsure of what else to say. He smiled briefly.
"I'll leave tomorrow at dawn."
***
I left Elrond and tried to go back to my room to pack, but I bumped into an elf. It was Arwen. She had a strange look in her eye as she looked at me.
"You're leaving," she said.
"We're you eavesdropping?"
"No. I can see it in your eyes."
"It's for the best for your sister. If I leave, he'll be busy tracking me instead."
"But you'll be in constant danger."
"I am anyway Arwen. You know that." She then surprised me with a hug.
"Don't get into too much trouble," she said in my ear.
"I will do my best." She let go.
"Does Farrien know?" She asked.
"No. I'll have to talk to her."
"She will not like it," Arwen said.
"No but it is for her sake. You must help her understand why she will always be hunted," I sighed.
"A prophecy does not always come true," she said.
"But she has been severely injured already. I do not wish to see her death."
"None of us do," she sighed.