Chapter Four Arrows

I woke up before dawn as I saw Strider looking out the window that was in our room. I sat up as he saw me and he grinned.
"Good morning," he said. I tried not to blush.
"Morning," I yawned as I stretched.
"Five more minutes please," Bilbo groaned under the blanket.
"Those men are watching us Bilbo. Better leave before daybreak," Strider said.
"Your just as bad as the dwarves," he groaned as he at least sat up.
"Well, aren't you two gonna get ready too?" Bilbo said looking at us. Strider was still dressed in what he wore the previous day. Dark clothing and a cloak, and who knows how many concealed weapons...
I was hoping to change my shirt at least, but with two males in the room I felt awkward. Bilbo doesn't really count though, he changed my diapers after all, I could change in front of him. Strider seemed to get the gist as he headed to the door.
"I'll get my horse. Meet me outside in ten minutes," he said as he shut the door.
"I faced a bloody dragon, I think I can handle a few pestering men," Bilbo spat as he straightened himself up. I couldn't help but laugh.

I got ready in record time as Bilbo headed down first, followed by me with my hood up. There wasn't a better way to hide my ears. I tried brushing my hair over them, but the tips still seemed to show.
No on was in the tavern yet, minus the owner getting ready for the day. Then I saw a drunk man laid over on a table. We were almost to the exit when he sprang to life and threw a dagger at me. I ducked my head as Bilbo nearly shouted. He was so short he didn't have a problem missing it. I turned and grabbed the door with Bilbo behind me and slammed it shut. I ran over to where Strider was.
"They just threw a dagger at me!" I yelled as he grabbed his horse's reins. He looked around defensively.
"Get on. He can carry the three of us for a short time," Strider said as I did so. Bilbo sat in the saddle but he was so small the both of us fit in it as Strider climbed on and sat behind me, pulling on the reins.
His arms wrapped around us as he guided the horse into a trot at first. It was still dark so it was hard to see. I felt his body so close to mine. He got the horse almost out of town before a couple of the men showed up at a flat run on horseback. Strider looked back at them as he kicked his horse.
"Take the reins," he said in my ear.
"But I've never," I started to say.
"Do it! He knows the way!" Strider said back. I grabbed the reins as Strider stood on the horse's backside as he faced the enemy, pulling out a sword. My mouth hung open as I saw him but had to turn back to the road. The two men came closer and Strider stabbed one rider as they came by. The man yelled as he fell off his horse and was drug away by it. The other man on horseback drew back a bow and fired an arrow that went into my shoulder. I gasped in pain and the reins hung loosely in my hands. I felt someone grab them as I blacked out. All I heard was screaming.