Chapter Nineteen Bella POV

I was in the study with my father when a servant bowed and gave my father a letter. It had a seal on it but I didn't recognize it. Elrond then grew alert as he opened it.
"What is it?" I asked.
"It seems your presence here is know to Mirkwood now... he never misses anything new..." he muttered.
"Why does Mirkwood care?" I asked. Elrond shifted.
"When your mother was attacked, Legolas son of Thranduil found you and saved you and your mother from orcs. I wanted to tell you in a different way, but you are betrothed to Legolas and he wishes to see you," he revealed.
"What? I'm already engaged?"
"Yes. Legolas is a very fine prince Farrien-"
"Look I don't care! I don't want to marry somebody I've never met and is probably a thousand years older than me!" I shouted and stood up.
"Farrien, this isn't the Shire! You must do this for Imladris, for me. I need someone to look after you," he said.
"I don't care prince or not! I'm not meeting him!" I shouted and stormed off.
I sulked in my room, but was told Thranduil and Legolas would be coming soon to meet me. I didn't want to meet them. From what I had heard, Thranduil was a harsh king at the best of times. Bilbo told me about him from his adventure. Nevertheless, he was coming, and I better be ready.