Chapter Fifteen Aragorn

I tried to stay cheerful for the last dinner I would have in Rivendell. Elrond seemed to take the hint as well and the twins always made jokes when it got silent. Elrond told them briefly earlier to his sons about my departure, but I wanted to leave without Farrien knowing. The cover story Elrond would say is that Gandalf needed my help with something and I would be away for a very long time. It wasn't entirely true, he sent me a letter saying he wanted to meet with me soon. Our conversation was Merry and bright, but I thought Farrien stared at me a bit and was onto something.
"So can I learn to shoot a crossbow? I always thought they looked cool," Farrien said as she looked at me.
"They are heavier than a bow and can slow you down," I said, trying to shut her down.
"So that means I can't learn it at all? I mean what if there's a battle and my only option to stop an orc is my bare hands or a crossbow?"
"Well sis if you had bear hands it wouldn't be too hard to kill the orc," Elladan laughed. I had to give him that one.
"Haha," Farrien said as she stuck her tongue at him. I would miss these moments.
"You'll only be taught the basics Farrien. I do not intend for you to fight," Elrond spoke, gaining our attention.
"Okay, first I wasn't born here, and now you say I can't fight? What can I even do?" She spat back.
"Farrien, you are a child in elf terms and you still act like one. Maybe if you impressed me otherwise, I would change my mind about you fighting in a battle."
"Is it just because I'm a girl or that stupid prophecy?" Elrond stood up from his chair, stunning us all.
"Prophecies are not to be taken lightly! You have been hunted down twice by the name I will not utter here. Your shoulder will never properly heal, and will hurt you the rest of your days here. He will stop at nothing to see that you are killed!" He yelled.
*** Bella POV
"You're right. Maybe I should have just stayed in the Shire. Least they didn't yell there," I snapped and stormed off.
*** Aragorn
Elrond sighed. I stood up.
"I'll talk to her," I said and left.
It took me a bit to find her. I found her in the stables, petting a horse.
"Thinking of leaving?" I asked.
"Just wanted a quiet place," she muttered. I could tell she had been crying.
"Your father does love you. I know it's complicated."
"Complicated. Ha," she mumbled.
"You can't choose your family. And Bella, I need to tell you something," I started to say as she looked at me.
"What? Are you secretly related to me?"
"What? No, I- I have to go away for a while. I don't know how long. So your father and brothers will have to teach you."
"Why are you leaving? Is my father making you leave?" She said as she turned to face me.
"No, I have to help Gandalf with something," I lied and hated it.
"Can I come with you?" She asked.
"I'm sorry Bella. You must stay here and learn the way of the elves. And beat your brothers at racing," I said to lighten the mood. She smiled sadly.
"Will I see you again?" She asked. I walked closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder.
"Of course we will meet again. And then maybe I could test your swordsmanship," I grinned. She smiled.
"That's a deal then. Next time I see you, we have a duel!" I laughed. She gazed at me as my eyes wandered to her lips. She noticed as I found myself leaning into her. Her lips met mine as I closed my eyes. I had wanted to kiss her for a while. My hands found her long hair as she pulled me closer. I don't know how long it lasted. She muttered my name. Suddenly I snapped out of it.
"I'm sorry my lady. I must pack," I said letting go of her.
"Aragorn," she started to say. I grabbed her hand and kissed it before letting her go.
"Until we meet again," I tried to smile.
"Goodbye Aragorn. Please be careful."