Chapter Twenty Four Hobbits and Black Riders

I hid in my room. I didn't care who else came for the meeting. But sometime later, Arwen came bursting in my room. She looked like she was just in a battle.
"Arwen? What's wrong?"
"Frodo, he's here. And other hobbits," she said hastily.
"What? But how?"
"Aragorn helped them here. But Farrien, Frodo is severely injured. Ada is helping him and he can't be interrupted," she explained as I gasped.
"But I must see Frodo and the others," I said.
"I can take you to the others, though they are tired," she said. I didn't care.
She led me to them. They just stopped at the infirmary but at first glance the hobbits mostly seemed dirty not injured as I gave a sigh of relief. I was shocked though when I saw Merry, Pippin and Samwise Gamgee. Merry and Pippin burst into smiles when they saw me coming.
"Merry! Pippin! And Sam?" I exclaimed as the hobbits tackled me. I gave each of them a hug.
"What happened?" I asked them.
"Frodo had to leave the Shire because of a ring Bilbo had," Sam started to explain.
"And then these black riders followed and attacked us," Merry added as I worriedly looked to Arwen.
"Black riders?" I said with a shaky voice.
"Yes. Several of them. And one stabbed Frodo," Pippin said. I then knew this wasn't just an ordinary meeting my father was having.
I looked to Arwen.
"I have to see Frodo!" I begged.
"He cannot be interrupted right now as long as you value Frodo's life," she responded.
"How long has he been with him?"
"A few hours," she replied. I tried not to be worried when the hobbits looked at me.
"You three must be starving! Come on I'll take you to the kitchens," I said as I looked at them.
"You can't believe what we've eaten on the road! Strider didn't believe in second breakfast," Pippin said as I laughed.
"Bet he didn't," I said. Then I suddenly realized how awful I treated him and he had just been helping these hobbits! I'd have to find him later and apologize, and find out what's really going on here...
the servants hastily fixed them a full meal and were surprised at the hobbits' appetites. I started to explain my story to them as they ate. Merry nearly spit out his apple when I revealed that Elrond is my father.
"What? He's your father?!? And he left you?" He stammered through apple.
"Well yes, but it's complicated. I'm still processing it all," I said and it had been years. I then explained how my mother was attacked and how I was saved.
"I don't get why your mother wasn't at home when she was about to have you," Merry said. Indeed I still never heard the full story.
"Yes, well I was told she was on political business," I replied.
"Must have been really important," Pippin said through potatoes.
"I suppose so... anyway, I've been training ever seen and have learned all sorts about weapons and elvish customs."
"So you find yourself a boyfriend yet?" Pippin laughed.
"Pippin!" Merry squeaked as he hit his cousin.
"Well, turns out I'm actually bethrothed to someone..." I said quietly.
"What? Already?" Merry squeaked. I nodded slowly.
"Since birth. Not sure how I feel about it..." I found myself saying. It was nice to have someone other than elves to talk to about this.
"You shouldn't marry someone you don't like," Merry said.
"I wish it were that simple... he's an elven prince."
"Oh, who is it?" Pippin asked.
"Legolas from Mirkwood. His father is their king... I've met them once a while back," I said.
"So you'd be like a Queen?" Sam asked.
"Eventually," I sighed.
"Wow. Didn't expect to be eating in front of royalty," Pippin announced as I laughed.
"I'm still just Bella, though my real name is Farrien. You can call me Bella if you like. I still consider it a name."
"You'll always be Bella to us," Merry smiled as I returned it.