Chapter Twenty Three 17 years later

I couldn't believe it! There was to be a very important meeting here in a few days and Aragorn would be coming back! I hadn't seen him for years and I yearned to see him again. Of course my father mentioned that Legolas would be coming and I should be happy to see my betrothed, but I wanted to see Aragorn. He arrived hastily. I was in the stables taking care of my new horse when I turned around and saw him walking his horse in. I wanted to run to him, but refrained.
"Aragorn!" I smiled from ear to ear as he Returned it.
"Bella," he smiled as he let his horse go and hugged me. I might have held onto him longer than I should have. Aragorn then let go and got his horse's reins again.
"Better put him up first," he muttered as I nodded my head.
"I'm so glad your back," I said as he turned to me. He swung his saddle off and put it on a rack.
"Me too." Then I remembered Legolas.
"Um, Aragorn, did you know I was already engaged when you first met me?" I asked. He turned sad.
"Yes. Did your father tell you?"
"Yes. And we already had a meeting with Thranduil and Legolas while you were gone," I sighed.
"You have been busy while I was gone."
"Aragorn, I don't want a forced marriage," I confessed.
"I'm sorry Bella. Your father is doing what is best for Rivendell."
"But what about me? What about... us?" I said quietly as he looked taken aback.
He walked to me.
"Bella. I'm sorry for getting in the way of things, but you are an elf and I am only human."
"But you have a longer life and I'm a very young elf!" I spat back. He looked puzzled.
"Who told you?"
"Thranduil pointed it out."
"Oh. Him."
"Please I can't imagine him as my father in law!"
"Bella, I'm sorry, but you must do what is best for your home," he said.
"But, Imladris is your home too isn't it?" I asked as I blinked back tears.
"Bella, it's complicated. I was raised here yes, but..." he was cut off by me.
"Forget it Aragorn! I thought you were one of us! Nevermind," I said as I stormed out of the stables. I heard him come after me but I didn't stop. That is until I ran into Elladan.
"Sorry brother," I muttered as he stared at me confused.
"Farrien?" He asked concerned before he saw Aragorn behind me.
"Nothing. Aragorn's back," I said as I continued to storm off.
Elladan POV
"Well, welcome back Aragorn. What did you do now?" I asked him as he stopped walking.
"She's changed, hasn't she?" He asked as I glanced to my sister than back to him.
"How can she not?" I said back.
"I don't intend to get in the way of the meeting," Aragorn said.
"Best you don't. And Aragorn," I said as he turned to me.
"She does not know of the quest and what the meeting is about. Only that you and several others are coming here. She can't go on this quest. Father would really be furious if she did," I explained as he nodded his head.
"How is her shoulder?" He asked.
"Better but not complete," I said. She had vastly improved since he left, but I worried now for how she would feel later.