Chapter 4: Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Vomit

Muffled voices.

Incoherent screaming.

Ringing.

What's going on? Mellohi thought. I can't see. Everything is white.

One word rose above the mess of sounds in her ears.

"Mellohi!"

Her conscience was shoved out of the pit it was in. She blinked, adjusting herself. As her vision came into focus and the ringing in her ears subsided, Mellohi found herself hunched over a man, axe against his throat.

She stumbled back in horror. Turning heel, she found two other men with axes blocking her path. With a jolt, she realized her blindfold was missing.

Screeching, she shielded her eyes and snapped her head down. Chills crept over her skin as she took in the blood dripping from her clothes. Another bloodbath.

Mellohi began to tremble. Out of fear, or of shame, she could not tell. Tears stung the edges of her beautiful purple eyes, but she refused to let them fall.

A hand rested on her shoulder, causing her to jump. The owner slowly spun her around. It was the man she nearly killed. He stooped down slightly, trying to look her in the eyes, but she would not let him. She did not want to hurt him.

The man took the hint and let up. Instead, he pulled her into a tight hug. Mellohi stiffened, unsure of what to do. She never had a hug before. Her axe thunked onto the wooden pathway.

The man's friends cried out in protest, one of them kicking her axe away.

"Phil, don't! She's dangerous!" voiced the one with the beanie.

With a crisp accent, the man holding her replied calmly, "She's just a child, Quackity."

"That doesn't mean she isn't dangerous," accused the short one with the ram horns and the explosion scars.

"She's confused, Tubbo," he said, releasing her from the hug. Mellohi stood there, astonished.

Suddenly, more voices entered her head. "Mellohi!" Sebastian bellowed.

"You're okay!" Lavender exclaimed, relief lacing her voice.

"We were so worried!" Dexter hollered.

Mellohi laughed. The men whipped their heads toward her, but she paid no attention to them.

"I heard you, Sebi," she started spinning slowly, throwing her arms out like an airplane. "I heard you call my name. You pulled me out."

The three men shared confused looks with each other as Mellohi began to wander along the wooden path. With a start, they jogged after her.

"I'm glad, Mel," Sebastian said. Mellohi heard the smile in his disembodied voice.

The man named Phil seemed to be holding the one called Quackity back, wanting to see where the Enderman would go.

"Have you three seen my blindfold?" she asked.

The ram hybrid, Tubbo, piped up, but the winged one, Phil, hushed him.