Chapter 11: Please Rescue the Suffering

The Avengers took their seats, shooting one final glare at the enderman on the balcony. She gave no indication that she saw, and continued smiling away.

But as they settled down to listen to Tubbo's speech, Nat and Steve couldn't shake the feeling that something would go wrong. This was, as Quackity was saying now, an execution after all.

As if on cue, a turquoise ball was chucked into the stands, just below the stage. A millisecond later, a man in a cloak appeared out of nowhere in a volley of purple particles. In his hand were large bundles of TNT. He began placing them all around the stage and stands, causing the Avengers' adrenaline levels to skyrocket.

"Punz, what are you doing?!" Quackity screamed.

"Stop, Punz!!" Fundy desperately tried to command. Everyone was in a panic. The Avengers frantically scooped up the live rounds before this Punz guy could detonate them. Up on the rooftops, Clint and Nat spotted another man, one dawning an unsettling smiling mask.

"Big Q, pull the lever!!" Tubbo hollered. "Big Q!"

"HEH?!" Technoblade snarled quizzically.

Not only did the Avengers stop to watch, but Punz did too as Quackity lunged for the lever. The ghost in the corner seemed conflicted, his blue essence staining the wood below. The beanie man thrust the lever down, and the clicks and clanks of the terribly outdated technology wound up the tower it resided in, dropping the heavy metal anvil.

Time seemed to slow as the massive chunk of iron plummeted toward the ground, and the victim below. Technoblade's eyes widened, mainly betraying his cunningness and intelligence. The Avengers had no time to react as something golden suddenly appeared in the pig hybrid's hand, as if it were magic. He held it up to the anvil as it ripped through his hand and face. Out of the blue, a bright golden light erupted from Technoblade's golden item. The anvil seemed to disappear, and the hybrid's face reattached itself to his now mending skull.

The Avengers stared in bewilderment. Shouts of confusion arose from the crowd as The Blade leapt gracefully from his cage, dashing off into the distance.

Out of nowhere, in a volley of purple dust, the little Enderman teleported into the middle of the fray. She glanced around wildly, grinning when she glimpsed some pink in the distance.

"Steve." Tony nudged him. "She's right there."

Steve nodded, took a running start, and tackled Mellohi to the ground. She let loose a strange, distorted cry of pain as her face rammed into the cold wood. Blood began to pool beneath her chin as she spat some red from her mouth. Steve managed to turn her over without her escaping, but when he got a glimpse of her mangled face, pity aroused in his chest.

"Don't let her go!" Tony hollered angrily, trying to help Fundy and Tubbo track down Punz, who had abruptly left after Technoblade fled. "She's a danger to society."

The remorse left Steve's eyes as he remembered all the people Mellohi had killed. Her gaze was that of a panicked animal, staring deep into his soul. Before he could react, though, a green force slammed into him, and he was thrown off the Enderman. He crashed into Clint, who grunted in disbelief. The green figure backed off to help Mellohi, but not before thrusting his sword through Steve's arm, leaving him with a nasty wound. The green man tilted his head, revealing a simple yet disturbing white smiling mask. He averted his gaze, helping Mellohi off the ground and away from the frenzy.