Chapter 8: Trouble Stirs the Army

The sunlight crept over the hills on the DreamSMP. Little Mellohi slept soundly in the bed Philza made for her, exhausted from the week's events.

The night before, Phil had taken her to see everything on the SMP, and to meet most of the people. They had gotten sweets from Niki, which had calmed Mellohi's rumbling stomach, fought off monsters, and explored all the interesting structures along the Prime Path.

Out of all the people she met, her favorites were Niki, the beautiful woman who was kind to everyone she met, Tubbo, the dyslexic ram child whom Phil said was one of his adopted sons, and BadBoyHalo, who—despite his terrifying demonic appearance—was the sweetest person Mellohi had ever met. Phil also told her about one of his biological sons, Tommy, who shared Mellohi's energy. She thought that was really cool, because it meant he was a kid. When she asked to meet him, Phil told her that he had been exiled.

But as they wandered through the dimly lit streets, Mellohi still felt down. Stal was all alone, and who knew what those humans did to her camp. That night, her mind took longer to fall asleep than normal, despite the help of her voices.

The golden rays of sun bounced off Mellohi's face, causing her to stir. She raised a hand to her face, shielding her eyes from the blinding light. Groaning, she propped herself up on her elbows with her head thrown back.

"Morning, little Mellohi!" Lavender greeted.

"Hey, Mel!" Sebastian addressed. "How'd you sleep?"

"You are my mind," she mumbled wearily. "Certainly you know better than I."

"You slept terrible," Dexter bluntly said.

Mellohi rolled her violet eyes. Reaching for the bedside table, she snatched the temporary blindfold and swiftly tied it over her eyes before Phil awoke.

"You're up early," Philza remarked, sipping his tea. Mellohi flinched, releasing a small Enderman screech. Phil let out a hearty laugh, one that made the space seem more cozy. "Sorry! Didn't mean to startle you."

"No, no," Mellohi giggled. "It's alright."

"Do you mind telling we who you were talking to?" He raised an eyebrow, crossing the room to hand the Enderman a cup of the steaming liquid. She stared into its swirling depths, once again captivated by the thin layer of foam.

"Mellohi?" He chuckled.

"Oh!" Mellohi jumped, as she forgot Phil was there. "I was saying good morning to Sebi, Lav, and Dex."

Phil shot her a confused glance.

"My voices," the Enderman corrected.

"Ah," the winged hybrid replied. "I've had experience with voices."

"Really?" Mellohi eagerly asked.

"Yep," he replied. "Technoblade has voices in his head."

"Can we go meet him?"

"We would have to leave now."

Mellohi shot out of bed, handed Phil her untouched tea, and proceeded to get ready as fast as she could. She had collapsed in her new clothes last night, so there was no need to change. Using her claws, she clumsily combed through her messy indigo hair and tied it out of her face. She retrieved her backpack filled with all the essentials, minus her axe, which Quackity had taken. Finally, she clipped her wooden sword to her waist.