Chapter 18: Problems Were Caused...on Purpose

Mellohi stumbled eccentrically through the deep snow, twelve fried eggs once again stacked high on two plates. Her tail flicked wildly to keep her steady.

When she reached the shack at the edge of the wood, the little Enderman knocked with her head, as she had done the morning prior. Only this time, no one answered.

"Hello?" Mellohi called. "Mr. Steve? I brought breakfast!"

Not a sound came from the rickety shack. The girl was getting restless, so she knocked once more, louder this time. Still nothing.

Giving up on manners, Mellohi nudged the door open with her elbow. Inside, the shack was frigid. There was no remnants of a fire (aside the one from yesterday), the beds never seemed to have been disturbed, and melted snow made puddles all over the room.

The only sign that someone had been there was Ghostbur, who was hovering in the middle of the room, blue dripping from his eyes. He perked up when Mellohi entered.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, a smile dancing on his cold lips. "They've already left. They told me to stay here."

"Where did they go?" she asked, plopping down on a bed and gently setting the eggs next to her.

"I didn't quite catch their conversation," the ghost explained, drifting slowly toward the little Enderman. "I heard them mention L'Manburg, and Technoblade, and Dream, and Tubbo, but that was it. Then they left through the woods in the middle of the night."

"Oh." She had grown quite fond of the Avengers. Ghostbur sensed her shift in emotion and sat next to her.

"Here!" he chirped, holding out a blob of blue dye. "Have some blue! Please, calm yourself!"

Mellohi giggled, scooping the blue into her hands and staring at it fondly. "Thank you, Ghostbur. I shall paint Stal's pot with it to remind me of you."

Ghostbur beamed. He reached for the little Enderman's hand, and Mellohi felt a chill run down her spine. She rose with him, and they exited the shack, hand in ghostly hand.

When they reached the steps, Ghostbur stopped. Mellohi turned back to face him, confusion etched on her scarred features.

"What's wrong, my friend?" she asked.

"I want to go find our neighbors!" the phantom exclaimed. "I want to bring them back, since you seemed so sad that they left."

"You don't have to do that."

"But I want to!"

Mellohi sighed, then smiled. "Okay. Whatever feels right to you."

"Thank you, Mellohi!!" Ghostbur chirped. "I'll see you soon!!"

With a wave and a smile, the ghost was gone. Mellohi watched him go, then turned and entered the house.

Inside, Technoblade was in the middle of the room, arguing with someone. But there was no one else in the house. Mellohi cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"Are you speaking with your voices?" she wondered.

Techno, startled, whipped around to face her. "Oh, Mellohi. It's just you."