Chapter 6: Help Can't Come Soon Enough

Philza led Mellohi along the rows of beautiful houses. He was certainly worried about the kid. She had just shown up in L'Manburg, drenched in blood, murder in her eyes. Now she ambled along next to him, the one she tried to kill, with not a care in the world.

He laughed at her free spirit, but deep down, he feared for her sanity. If she kept going on like that, who knows what would happen.

"Ah, here we are," Phil announced, standing in front of a house identical to his. Mellohi grinned up at him. "Now, I'm going to need you to stay outside. Ranboo is new to L'Manberg, and we don't want to frighten him."

Mellohi vigorously nodded. Phil knocked on the gorgeous spruce door, and as they waited for him to answer, Mellohi took the crow hybrid's hand. In surprise, Phil tilted his head slightly down to get a good look at her bloodied face. She beamed, and her scars caused her smile to look more crooked than it should've. He returned the gesture, slightly squeezing her hand. They heard footsteps approach, and the door opened a smidge.

"Phil?" the man named Ranboo asked. He was very tall, and seemed to be split in half; white on his right side and black on his left. His eyes were different as well; red on the right and green on the left. Atop his head was a shiny, golden crown. Mellohi could sense his tail swishing anxiously.

"Hello, Ranboo," Phil greeted, waving. The Enderman hybrid opened the door a little more.

"What can I do for you?" Ranboo asked timidly. He then glanced down, taking notice of little Mellohi. His hand flew up to his mouth as he stared, horrified, at the dried gore on her clothes.

Phil followed Ranboo's stare. "Oh! This is actually why I'm here. Ranboo, meet Mellohi. Mellohi, this is Ranboo."

Mellohi waved enthusiastically, seemingly have forgotten the crimes she committed mere hours earlier. Her tail wagged in excitement.

"We're here because she's in dire need of new clothes," Phil explained calmly. "You're the only person who shares her height and build. You don't happed to have a spare outfit, do you?"

"Uh-uhm," Ranboo stuttered. He couldn't seem to pry his eyes away from Mellohi. Her smile faltered, and she hid slightly behind Phil. He instinctively wrapped one of his wings around her.

Ranboo blinked, snapping himself out of his trance. "Ye-yeah," he warily said. "Come-come on in."

Ranboo stepped aside, allowing Phil to enter. He quizzically glanced at Mellohi, who stayed put. Inwardly, he was relieved. He pitied the kid, but that didn't make her any less unsettling.

"Ranboo?" Phil called from behind, startling the half-Enderman.

"Co-coming!" Ranboo scrambled over to Phil, leaving Mellohi to her thoughts. Or, voices, rather.

"Is he the other Enderman?" Lavender wondered.

"I think so," Mellohi replied. "Though he looks strange."

"Perhaps he is one of the outcasts," Sebastian remarked. Mellohi gasped so hard she began to choke.

"You good?" Dexter snorted. Mellohi could only nod. She doubled over, now beginning to laugh. Phil threw open the door frantically, with Ranboo at his heels. He calmed down when he realized she was only laughing, though at what, he couldn't be sure.