Chapter 14: Ghostbur Has Blue For You

"So you want to know more about Mellohi," Philza said flatly as he poured the bittersweet tea. Cramped in his small home were all five of the Avengers. Bruce was crosslegged on the floor, Tony was reclining at the table, Nat was atop the crafting bench, Clint was leaning against the doorframe of the bedroom, and Steve was politely resting in one of the lovely old chairs. Ghostbur was there as well, happily hovering next to Phil. Black crows were everywhere, and the Avengers were growing irritated with them.

"Yes," Steve confirmed with a nod.

"Is Mellohi the little Enderman who was with you during Technoblade's execution?" Ghostbur wondered innocently in a sweet British accent.

"Yes, Ghostbur," Phil replied patiently, passing out the tea.

"Oh, I really enjoyed her company!" the ghost exclaimed animatedly. "She was very kind. Can we see her again, Phil?"

"I don't know, Ghostbur. I sent her off with—" Phil paused, glancing at the guests in his home, "—our friend."

The Avengers narrowed their eyes in suspicion.

"Oh!" Ghostbur perked up. "Did she go with Dream? I saw her run off with him. I think they were following Technoblade."

Philza facepalmed. He loved Ghostbur, he did, but sometimes the ghost could be a little oblivious to social cues.

The Avengers collectively sucked in a breath. The glanced at one another, confusion and worry churning in their minds.

"Let me get this straight," Tony sneered, massaging his brows. "You sent a child off with the two most dangerous villains in the country?!"

"Yes," Phil sighed deeply. "I trust Techno with my life. He is not a oath breaker, and I know he will do everything in his power to keep Mellohi safe. Dream, on the other hand, I'm not too sure about. Techno seems to trust him, and he did rescue Mellohi from you guys, so I suppose I can put my faith in him as well."

"Do you know where they could've gone?" Nat interrogated.

"I do." Phil glared at her. "But what makes you think I will ever tell you?"

"Please," Bruce pleaded. "We at least need to talk to her about why she did what she did."

"No!" Phil snapped, abruptly rising to his feet. "You wish to lock her away. Trap her behind the iron bars of a prison cell. I can see it in your eyes! I will never allow it!"

He lowered himself back into his chair, taking deep breaths. The Avengers glanced at each other once again as Ghostbur cocked his head to the side, curious.

"What did Mellohi do?" he inquired innocently.

"She took the lives of a few hundred people, all in the span of a week," Clint replied bluntly.

"Mellohi wouldn't do that," Ghostbur scoffed. "Granted, I only met her briefly, but she seemed too kind to do such a thing."

"If we can't know where she is, can you at least tell us more about her?" Steve politely changed topics.

Phil's expression softened. "I suppose I could."

He rose once again, and his guests scooted back to give him room. Ghostbur's pale white eyes lit up, and he floated cheerily around Philza.