Chapter 7: Don't Wander Into A Massacre

The sun began to rise, thus beginning the Avenger's second day on the DreamSMP. Not one of them slept that night, other than Natasha, though she didn't do it willingly. Each monster noise seemed amplified after what happened. Nat's wound would heal fine, and she assured everyone she had survived worse.

Steve lit a fire that they all gathered around. They looked terribly exhausted, with bruise-like bags under their eyes and very unkempt hair. Eating some more of the food they cooked up last night, they discussed a plan of action.

"Do we want to keep heading northwest?" Steve inquired to the ragged group.

"If we made it this far, there's bound to be more," Clint replied. Nat leaned against him angrily, as her body could not keep her upright while she was waking up.

"We found this, so we know this isn't a desolate land," Bruce thought aloud. "That means there has to be some sorts of villages scattered around, if we are certain this is a kingdom."

"Then let's get moving." Tony jumped to his feet, denying his tiredness.

"Hang on, Tin Can." Nat straightened up. "If you didn't notice, we're all exhausted. Who knows how far out a village is?"

"Unfortunately, I agree with Tony," Steve reluctantly admitted. "If we don't try to reach shelter, we'll be in all kinds of danger from the monsters."

"Did you just agree with me?" Tony inquired smugly.

"Believe me, I want to take it back," Steve grumbled.

"Nope! Too late!"

Everyone rolled their eyes.

"I say we start packing up," Clint declared. "But try not to take too many things that aren't ours. The person living here could come back at any time."

With that, that all proceeded to pack their things. They packed lots of extra food, took some worn-down tools, and filled the bucket with water.

Tony was in charge of the liquid, and as he was dragging it toward everyone, he tripped over a stick. Spilling water all over the clearing, he landed face down in the mud. Grumbling, he stood, brushing grass and dirt off his face.

They departed shortly after, leaving a dying fire, a muddy clearing, and a crushed purple allium in their wake.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

As they headed northwest, they began to notice signs of life they hadn't seen before. Wild sheep, pigs, and cows grazed throughout the plains. Bees buzzed about, collecting pollen from bright flowers. For once, since the Avengers had arrived in this strange land, they took a collective breath. The wave of peace that washed over them calmed their nerves.

The sun was dipping low on the horizon when, in the distance, outlines of buildings became visible. Bruce ecstatically pointed to them.

"Look!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, good," Tony complained. "I was beginning to think this whole trip was a waste of time."

"You're such a pessimist," Steve remarked.

As the drew closer to the village, something began to seem...off. It was dead silent. No chatter from the residents, no screams of giddy children, nothing. The group's nervousness returned swiftly.