Chapter 16: Mellohi is Found

The only sounds interrupting the standoff going on were the whistling of the wind and the bleating of Friend the sheep. Fresh, dry snow blew across the ground. The Avengers could almost hear cowboy music playing in the background.

Ghostbur glanced from Technoblade, to the Avengers, and back again. He hovered in between the factions nervously, blue essence staining the pure white snow.

"Ghostbur," Technoblade growled menacingly. "What have you brought to my doorstep?"

"Oh!" Ghostbur exclaimed. "These kind people were looking for Mellohi! They want to speak with her!"

"No dice," he refused immediately. Pointing to Steve, he seethed, "Don't think I don't recognize you. You're the one who tried to capture the kid. She came back to me with a massive gash in her chin and two chipped teeth."

Steve became very intrigued with his shoes.

"Please, Technoblade," Bruce begged. "We just want to talk to her. We want to know how and why she committed mass murder, and what she plans on doing next."

"So you can plot a way to punish her," Techno finished, reading the subtext.

"Alright, enough!" Tony snapped. He got nose-to-nose with the Piglin hybrid, though was clearly a struggle since Techno was nearly a whole head taller. "Yes, we're going to punish her. But only because she has to be stopped! She killed over two hundred people in less than a week!"

"I'm aware," Technoblade deadpanned. "But her acts are mere child's play to what I've done."

He gripped the hilt of his pickaxe, and the Avengers noticeably blanched.

"You should've thought better before coming to speak with a violent anarchist."

Before anyone could say or do anything, Ghostbur's face lit up. He pointed to something in the distance.

"Look!" he exclaimed. "It's Mellohi! Perhaps she's come to talk!"

Sprinting across the frozen plain, Mellohi came barreling toward the large group. Her posture betrayed nothing as she drew near.

"I don't think so, Ghostbur," Techno remarked, leaning against the edge of the house as he watched the swiftly approaching Enderman.

The Avengers cried out as she teleported behind them, sword drawn and blindfold missing.

Mellohi lunged, her weapon swinging in erratic yet precise movements. She slashed at the humans, her blank eyes staring deep into their souls. They barely managed to dodge her swings, but still she continued.

Ghostbur frantically tried to help, but his efforts were fruitless. Mellohi merely brushed him off, her sword passing right through his chest. The phantom rounded on Technoblade, who was watching the fight in amusement.

"Technoblade, do something!" Ghostbur cried.

"Nah." He waved him off. "This is the clout I was looking for."

Tommy, exhausted and out of breath, dashed up to his brother's side. He fearfully watched Mellohi's deadly dance.

The little Enderman teleported behind Tony, who wasn't expecting it, and brought the blunt of her blade down upon his skull. His friends cried out as he collapsed. However, when the remaining four tried to get close to him, Mellohi lashed out. She left Clint—who dared to get a little too close—with a deep gash in his leg.