Chapter 5: Caution! Skeletons in the Woods!

A crisp breeze whistled across the beach. Five limp, soaking forms lay sprawled out in the sand. A small murder of crows hopped around them, checking for signs of life.

The bulkiest figure shot up, startling the crows. They squawked angrily as he pounded his chest to clear it of sand and water. He glanced around, confusion etched into the handsome features of his face.

"Is everyone okay?" he hollered to his comrades, who were just beginning to stir. Weak groans and hacking were the replies he received. He sighed in relief, stood up, and made his way to his shivering friends.

"What just happened, Tony?" he inquired, yanking his friend to his feet.

"Gee, Cap," Tony replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I wonder what. Perhaps our plane just disappeared, leaving us stranded in the Arctic Circle!"

Steve rolled his eyes. He scanned the area as his other friends joined him.

"Really, Nat?" Clint accused. "You help Code Green over here, but you leave your best friend to get up on his own?"

"I though you were a man," Natasha retorted with a smirk. "But I see now you're just a child."

"I am not," Clint pouted. Bruce snickered.

"Guys," Steve sternly said. "We need to figure out where we are. Tony, did you manage to snag a few pieces of tech while we were falling?"

Tony rifled through his pockets. "Nope," he responded, making a popping sound when he said the p. "If I did, it'd be gone, just like the Quinjet. Which means..." He gasped, horrified. "My suit!"

"If the whole jet disappeared," Bruce started, "I think it's safe to assume we have no access to the tech we had back in New York."

"That means all our stuff is gone," Nat frowned. "No comms, no electrical weapons, no guns. Nothing."

"We should take a look around," Steve commanded. "If this really is the DreamSMP, we should be able to find it by looking around."

"If I remember correctly, it's close to the very top of the earth," Bruce claimed. "We just need to head to the top."

"Right," Clint nodded. "And, which way is that, exactly?"

"Well, considering we're on a beach," Tony pointed out exasperatedly, "it's safe to assume we have to go away from the beach."

"Then let's go," Steve decided, and they all began to traverse their way across the plains before them. The crows they ignored before took off, flying towards a quaint little home in a country far away.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"Just admit it, Tony," Nat irritably tapped her foot on the grassy forest floor.

"Admit what?" he replied obliviously.

"We're lost!" Clint, Steve, and Bruce all shouted in unison.

"Alright, fine!" Tony snapped. "We're lost. There, I said it."

Nat shielded her hand against the sunlight glaring through the treetop. "Looks like we've got a while till sunset. I say we look for food?"