Chapter 21: The Dust is Settling

Mellohi gasped and sat up bolt right. She glanced around wildly. She was on the couch, in Technoblade's cabin. She sighed, though her nerves were not calmed.

"Your blindfold's on the table," Philza said, pointing to the purple cloth. "I washed it for you."

"Thank you," she mumbled. Her joints screamed in protest as she rose to her feet, though she didn't know why. She limped to the table and tied her blindfold on. Phil had also set out a platter of eggs, along with a steaming cup of tea.

"Of course, my child," he beamed. His smile fell when he caught sight of her expression. "Is everything alright?"

Without even touching her breakfast, Mellohi crept to the door. She placed her hand on the handle, bowed her head, and sighed.

"I had a really bad dream last night."

Phil paled significantly. "Why don't you sit down and tell me about it?" he offered anyway.

The little Enderman took a seat across from the crow hybrid. A few of his crows immediately flew from their position on the windowsill to the shoulders of their owner's daughter. She welcomed them with gratitude.

"So what was this dream about?" Phil asked, though he was certain of the answer.

"I dreamt I helped you and Techno and Dream blow up L'Manburg," Mellohi explained, her lip curling up in a snarl. "But that can't be right. I never wanted to fight in the first place. My plan was to lay low in the cabin until you and Techno got back."

"It was only a dream, little one," Phil assured. "There's no need to get so worked up."

"Just to settle my nerves, I want to go see L'Manburg," Mellohi announced, abruptly rising from her seat. "I want to make sure Tommy's okay."

"Mel, I don't think that's a good idea," Sebastian warned.

"I'm only going to look, Sebi," she explained. "I'll make sure no one sees me."

Phil jumped to his feet and darted in front of the door. Mellohi paused.

"I think we should stay here." He smiled thinly. Mellohi cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"Why aren't you letting me leave, Dadza?" she asked, narrowing her eyes under her blindfold.

"No reason!" he said much too fast. "I-I mean, can't I spend time with my only daughter?"

"Dadza, is there something you don't want me to see?"

Phil was silent. Mellohi promptly teleported outside. As she began to descend the steps, her father burst through the door.

"Mellohi, stop!" he commanded. And the little girl listened. The crow hybrid met her at the bottom of the steps and drew her into a hug. "There's just some things I don't want you to see because you won't understand them."

"But I want to make sure Tommy is okay."

"Tommy's fine," came Techno's voice from around the corner. "A little traumatized, but he'll be okay."

Mellohi swiveled around, out of Phil's grasp and into Techno's.

"Dadza won't let me go see L'Manburg," the little Enderman whined.