CHAPTER 5

Sunghoon took a sip of his coffee as he made his way towards the recording studio. Today is there last day to record their album and he hasn't finished his part yet in one of the tracks in the album. But he's done with the rest.

With a coffee in one hand, he entered the studio and met with the members and few of the producers who are already behind the glass.

Today, their only schedule was to record their song then after that, if they finished it before the set time, then they are free to go and rest. That's why the group members are so hyped up that they did their best in the first try.

Sunghoon sat on the couch for a while, phone in hand whilst the other one is holding the cup of coffee as he sips from time to time.

He watched some compilations of funny videos of him and the members that their fans created making him to laugh silently. Soon after, he goes to weverse and check the fan's posts. A smile forming on his lips as he laughed internally when he saw a meme that their fans created. It's so funny how their fans can make their normal picture turn into a meme one. Maybe it's their talent? After a few scroll and checking posts on weverse, he goes on Twitter and uploaded a selca of him that he took yesterday.

After a few hours, the producer called him to record his last part of the song. He immediately tossed his phone beside him and stood up. He went to the little room where the equipments for recording are.

Jake, who's just done recording his part, tapped his shoulder and mouthed him that he'll wait for him as the others already left the recording studio, too excited to spend their free time into something he isn't sure of.

The ravenette nodded then entered the little room and wore the headset. The producer played the song and Sunghoon waited for his cue to sing his part.

He sang with his heart, feeling the emotion as he hits every note that the music requires. He hit them easily as if he's just singing an alphabet song.

He's focused, too focused to be exact, on singing that he did not notice his phone lightening and vibrating. Jake, who's sitting on the previous spot that the younger had occupied earlier, noticed it.

That's why he picked up the device and stared at the screen confusedly after reading the caller ID.

Mrs. Park?

Like his mom?

Jake knew he shouldn't answer the call as it is simply not his phone but he's quite close to his bandmate's parents so maybe it's alright if he will be the one answering it? Besides, Sunghoon is busy at the moment so it's better if he will inform them that the ravenette is busy than ignore their call.

So with that thought in mind, Jake stood up whilst hiding the other's phone and silently exited the studio.

He answered the call and placed it on his ear. He's about to greet Sunghoon's mother but before he could even open his mouth, the person on the other line spoke first causing him to immediately shut his mouth.

"Hoonie? "

It was a voice of a woman. No, not an old woman but a young woman. And it's definitely not Mrs. Park's voice as Jake knew what Sunghoon's parents voice sounds like, in phone.

"Hoonie, are you there? "

The other line went on when Jake stayed quiet. He pulled the phone back to see if he saw the caller ID right. Though, he saw the same name and that made him even more confused and curious.

So he sighed and hummed, imitating his member's style of hummed which the person in the other line,  immediately believed.

"I'm sorry if I disturbed your recording, I just want to inform you that our parents will have a dinner in our house later. " Said the woman in the other line.

Jake's brow furrowed, trying to connect the dots which wasn't that hard. What's hard is to believe it.

From what the woman on the other line said, Jake immediately caught the hints that the girl used.

Her name in Sunghoon's contact is Mrs. Park. And she said 'our' parents...

Our house...

Jake didn't want to believe it as it seems so impossible. If what he's thinking is true, how could Sunghoon hide it from them?

The woman can't be his bandmate's sister as Jake quite knows her voice and the voice he's hearing now is so far from Yeji.

"Hello? "

The other line asked when Jake didn't reply.

The idol faked a cough before he answered. "Yes, I'll definitely tell that to Sunghoon. "

Then the other line went silent. Jake had to glance on the screen to see if the woman on the other line ended the call already. But she didn't as the call is still ongoing.

"Who is this? "

Jake replied on impulse. "Jake." Then the call ended. He was sure that he wasn't the one who ended the call as he still have a lot of questions he'll asked towards the woman in the other line.

He sighed and shrugged his shoulder, he'll just ask Sunghoon for confirmation and also for clarification.

He started walking back to the direction of the studio and entered the room. Just in cue, Sunghoon also finished his part as he gets out of the little room.

Jake immediately motioned the younger to follow him which the latter immediately obliged after getting his bag on the couch. They exited the studio with the older leading the way as the younger by a month, only follows him. Confusion goes in the Sunghoon's face when they entered a vacant room, with no people insight.

Jake handed the phone back to the younger before speaking,

"Sunghoon, who is Mrs. Park? "