CHAPTER 20

Sunghoon was pacing back and forth in the living room of his and Rian's house.

Honestly speaking, he's nervous and didn't know how to approach Rian when she arrives. Should he hug her and act as if he's oblivious to the fact that he made her sad? That made her feel insecure about his feelings towards her?

No, of course not. He can't pretend as if he did nothing, as if everything between them is totally fine, that nothing happened such as him avoiding her these past few days.

That's why he didn't know what to do and how to act. Though one thing for sure, he will apologize to her and make it up to her. He won't let this night slide without them talking or more like him, apologizing his mistake.

Yes, avoiding her was a mistake. His mistake that he regrets... But on the other side, what he did gave a good result as it seems like their management were really convinced that they're just acquaintance unlike before, when they were still working together and days after the mixtape was done.

A sigh left the ravenette's lips as he sat down on the couch, hand running through his locks. He closed his eyes and focused on his breath, calming his self down. Though, after a few seconds, the sound of the car was heard just outside their house that made him practically flies on his feet and towards the door.

He opened the door in the living room just as Rian climbed out the car and made her way to their house, smile appearing on her face when she saw the figure of her husband standing by the door.

"I missed you. " The female idol whispered when Sunghoon pulled her for a hug, embracing her thin form tightly.

"I missed you more more more and more." He replied, smiling as he inhaled her scent and kissed the crown of her head.

At that time, the nerve wrecking he felt a while ago was now gone and is replaced by a warm feeling. They stayed in that position, both hugging each other as if they were being apart for how many years, not caring if they're outside as they only care was each other's warmth.

Sunghoon tightened his hug to her that made the other chuckle before they pulled away from each other and look on each other's faces.

"I love you. " He whispered, too lost in her mesmerizing eyes causing Rian's smile to widen, her arms still hooked on his neck.

"I love you. " She replied and tip toed to place a peck on the ravenette's thin lips. Well, that's what she planned but as soon as her lips met his, neither of them pulled away. Even her. It's as if their lips were magnet, and they refused to pull away.

Sunghoon pulled his wife by her waist and began moving his lips, causing the female idol to close her eyes and responds. Fireworks going off in their stomachs and that only made the kiss intensified.

Both of their lips moving against each other so perfectly, as if they were made for each other. Soon, when the need of air became prominent, they both pulled away, forehead resting on each other's.

"You're really beautiful. " Sunghoon stated, eyes not leaving hers. Rian smiled.

After that, they both pulled away. Sunghoon closed the door and pulled Rian to the side so he can lock the door before he reached for her hand and guide her to his car.

Just like what he promised to himself last night, he'll take his wife out. He already planned this when he was at HYBE building and of course with the help of Jake and Jay, it's now settled. Though, he didn't inform his wife about it as he wants it to be a surprise for her.

Rian on the other hand, is confused but regardless, she followed her husband to his car. They're both wearing their casual clothes and that only made no sense.

The ride from their house was silent. Not the uncomfortable one but you'll notice that there is definitely something off with it. Though, both of them refuse to approach that something.

"Where are we going? " She asked, glancing at him upon noticing that they're out of Seoul anymore.

"It's a secret. " Sunghoon replied with a teasing smile, looking at his wife then back to the road. "But I swear, you'll like it there. "

"I'll definitely love it wherever you'll take me." She answered, causing the ravenette to chuckle, smile widening.

"Stop that"

"Stop what? "

"Stop being amazing, your abusing my heart"

Hearing this, Rian can't help but to giggle, head shaking as she fixed her gaze outside the window. "You're the one abusing my heart. " She whispered after a few seconds, not intending to let the man hear it but he did.

After a while, Sunghoon parked his car somewhere Rian isn't familiar of. They both get out of the car and the sound of the faint waves gave her an idea where they are.

"Let's go. " Sunghoon reached his wife's hand and intertwined them as he started walking, leading the way, which she immediately followed.

Soon, they approaches one of the staffs that's waiting for them before the said man lead their way towards somewhere Rian didn't know. Though, she soon spotted a table and two chairs with lights surrounding it on the seashore. It's perfectly standing on the circle wooden floor, in the middle of sands. She was confused at first but when she realized that they're walking towards that direction, a smile immediately formed on her plump lips.

Sunghoon tightened his hold on her hand when they approached the little stair that will lead on the wooden floor where their table is at.

Her smile widens when she noticed the petals on the wooden floor. The staff lightens the candlelight on their table before excusing himself and leave.

"Surprise? " Sunghoon spoke, feeling nervous though he masked it with a smile. Yes, he's nervous for his wife's reaction.

He's nervous everytime he'll do something like this because he wanted to make her happy. For her to feel special because she's indeed special to him. He wanted her to know that he loves her, and that she deserves more than anything in this world.

"I.. " Rian faced her husband who's smiling at her. "Thank you for this. " And so she hugged him, tight.

Sunghoon pulled the chair for her to sit on which she did, thanking him of course, before he made his way on the other side and sat across her.

As if on cue, staffs came to their table holding the food he ordered earlier and served it on their table. An expensive wine was poured on their wine glasses.

"You know you don't have to do this things. Being with you is enough, really. " Rian started, biting her lips from the smiling she has been doing. Well, she can't help it, she really appreciate her husband's effort.

"You deserve it. " Sunghoon replied.

"Thank you. "

Silence then followed, only the calming faint sound of the waves that the sea was creating aside from the sound that their utensils were making when it hits their plate.

Sunghoon inhaled, thinking that this time is the best time to address the tension between them. Or that's what he thought since he finds himself guilty over the fact that he avoided his wife, which he regretted.

"I'm sorry. " He said, biting his lips afterwards.

"What for? " The other answered, sipping on the expensive wine that the staff poured in their glasses a while ago.

"For, " Sunghoon paused for a few seconds, contemplating to say it. Or more so didn't know how to address it. "For making you sad. For making you feel that way, for distancing myself these past few days. "

Hearing this, Rian remained silent for a few seconds before she broke into a smile.

"It's okay"