Letters

The next morning you woke up with a banging headache, someone had woken you up for food but you groaned and told them to piss off, you heard them chuckle and pat your side as they let you be.
Most of the guys were still in bed as it was a Sunday and that was there day off.
some were asleep and the others were playing cards quietly.
At around 12pm you had woken back up and with less of a headache then before and sighed. You remembered you had some letters from home and pushed yourself up into a sitting position.
Some of the guys joked about you finally rising and some joked about how fucked she still looked, to which she flipped them off.
Someone had left some food on your footlocker and you were surprised nobody had eaten it yet.
As you took the letters, George came over and sat down at the end of your bed with a smile on his face.
"You feeling ok sunshine?" He asked while giving you some water which you thanked him for.
"I'm feeling better then I did this morning I'll tell you that much" he nodded in understanding.
"Got some letters I see" you looked down and then back up at him.
"Yeah I'm about to open them, I can read them to you if you want?" You didn't even have to wait for a reply before George was getting up and sitting beside you on the bed waiting for you to start.

The first one was from your mother and father, you could see your mothers tidy writing on the envelop.

Liv.
It was so good to hear from you at last, we were starting to get worried that they weren't letting you write home. We've heard from Elliot and Quinn and they seem to be enjoying there training just like yourself.
Liv dear I'm so happy nobody's giving you a hard time, I'm just glad you have friends amongst those men.
Lewis sounds like a lovely guy- to bad he's Married though...

You looked at George and he just chuckled while shaking his head.
"Mothers aye?" He asked
"Right!" You sighed.

George,Bill,Chuck,and Floyd all seem like really nice boys, I hope they aren't treating you like crap, from what you've said they have been like big brothers to you which I'm happy for.
It answer to your question about your father- well he's doing better knowing your happy and doing well, we got your photo of you in your uniform and Liv honey you look absolutely Gorgeous in it! Your father cried when he saw it, but so did I.
We all miss you very much like always and we wish you a very happy 22nd birthday my darling girl, and a merry Christmas as well.
We've sent you a gift for your birthday and we hope you get it.
I'll let you get back to training now.
Miss you loads Liv.
Love Mum and dad x

"A gift? I didn't see a gift" you said while getting out of bed to look for some type of package.
"That's because I put it in your footlocker for you, didn't want someone taking it, mail came in yesterday while you were out and I put it there for you" you looked and George and went over and hugged him.
"Thank you George" you whispered and kissed his check, he couldn't wipe his smile off his face even if he tried.
You found the package in your footlocker and it was a medium sized box.
As you sat down on your bed you started to open it.
Once the wrapping was off the box you opened the lid and saw a camera inside with a load of film.
You gasped and looked at George who looked in the box and smiled up at you.
"Oh my god I've told my parents that I've wanted one of these for so long and they got one for me! Oh my god George think of all the photos I can take of all of us and the company and- oh my god this is amazing" George watched on as you rambled on about how amazing it was, he was happy to see you being just- a girl in front of him and not the tuff cookie you normally were.
"It's really awesome liv, photos are an amazing thing to keep" you nodded and put the camera away for now.
You took the next letter and it was from Elliot.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Liv, happy birthday to you!
God your 22 now! What the fuck!!!! My little sister is 22! I still remember the day mum and dad told me and Quinn we were going to be big brothers, I hated the idea- and then we found out you were a girl and well we hated you before you were even born. Looking back now I couldn't ask for a better sister, don't tell the girls that!
You really are an amazing sister Liv, everyday I have someone asking me if Your my sister who's the paratrooper and I always smile when they ask because I'm so damn proud of you, I say yes she is every time someone asks, everyone here thinks your a bad ass which I can agree 100% with.
Before you ask I'm fine and doing great, just can't wait to get it over with now and I feel like you will be feeling the same.
I loved reading your last letter, it took a weight off my shoulders knowing George and Bill are always looking out for you, along with others as well.
Sometimes I wonder if you've changed at all since I last saw you and I hope you haven't! I hope you never change being who you are Liv, there is only one of you and that's one of a kind, I know you hear this from mum but someday your going to meet someone and they aren't going to know what to do with you! Your so god damn independent, which isn't bad by the way, you don't need a man if you don't want one. But when you do find that one, don't change for them liv, they won't be worth changing for! What I'm trying to say is-well be you!
I'll leave it at that.
Mail me back when you can liv and I miss you dearly!
Love you and happy birthday you old dinosaur
Love Elliot x