Prologue

June 4th 1944 - Upottery, England

England. England had been the starting point for the massive journey that awaited the Airborne. It was a bright sunny afternoon in Upottery, there were a couple of clouds floating around, birds were flying around singing. Every solider that walked passed though, might say they could feel the tension rolling off every body like a heat wave. There was an undeniable fear that had settled into the pits of everyone's stomachs.

They all felt it.

The planes were being loaded, all the paratroopers with their equipment set and prepared for themselves. A slight breeze had kicked up, but otherwise the overlaying mood that wanted to be portrayed was evident. The young sniper, with longish French braids, pulled her laces a little tighter then normal, and shined her boots a little extra as well. Her heart was pounding in her chest, all the way up to her throat. She looked up as her squad leader Harry Welsh walked towards her, with a steady pace and a serious feature covering it. He stood in front of her and gave her a small nod.

"Hey" the girl looked towards him, now doing the same tying method to her other boot, he smiled at her and took a seat next to her on the warm tarmac.

"You ready?" Harry asked while watching his soldier tying her boot up. He could see on her face that she was nervous, just like everyone else.
She gave a small nod to the lieutenant.
Before she could say anything she heard yelling.

"Fox company, we go in five!" A voice yelled over everyone. She could see them getting up and making their way over to there planes.

"Someone wants to get a move on" the girl muttered, shinning the last of her boots. Harry snorted.
Fox and Dog company men were scattered in amongst easy. There were men everywhere doing anything they could to take there minds off the jump.

Easy company!" Came a loud booming voice.

"Let's go" muttered Harry while folding a price of paper up and putting it in his jacket pocket.

"Listen up! Gather around me! Let's move it!
C'mom gentleman and Lady." The firm voice continued.

"Let's go!" Thomas Meehan pushed, his voice continuing to ring through everyone's ears.

"Now the channel coast is socked in with rain and fog, high winds on the drop zone. No jump tonight." He confirmed "the invasion has been postponed, we are on a 24-hour stand down, Drill Sargents take charge" the girl looked at Harry who looked at her sadly.

It had been confirmed, there would be no invasion of Normandy, France tonight.

There would be no soldiers in planes tonight.

There would be no life's taken.

There would be no jump tonight.