Sobel and his shit

Five months into her training and Liv was starting to feel like Sobel was just waiting for her to go. He always found something about her to call up on, he didn't like her and it was very obvious to everyone.
Nobody understood what his problem was with her, how could someone not like Liv? The boys thought.
It was news to them.
It was closing in on Christmas time and Liv's birthday.
Everyone got to go home for Christmas and Liv was looking forward to it. She was going to miss everyone but she was only going to be gone a week.

"Corporal are you listening!" Liv looked up and saw everyone looking at her.
"Yes sir I'm listening" Sobel just looked at her and he had anger in his eyes, she could see it.
"What did I just say then Goldstone!" He yelled again.
She sighed and learnt back in her chair.
"You said the pressure points on a army tank are underneath the belly and down the barrel of the gun" Sobel groaned and carried on with his lesson.
Liv chuckled as she looked at Nixon who was next to her. He had wrote it down and she looked at his page while telling Sobel. Lewis smirked and you both high-fived under the table. The reset of the lesson went on without another word from Sobel.

As everyone walked out of the lesson that Sobel just held you couldn't help but laugh to yourself at what Lewis had done for you. He helped you make Sobel look as small as a ant in front of the whole company, it made a smile form on your face.
As you walked back with George and Bill not far behind you, you saw Lieutenant Speirs standing with Lewis while having a smoke.
You looked away as Ron made eye contact with you.
"Liv!" You heard your name being called. As you looked up you saw Lewis waving you over, you looked to George and he smirked at you. You rolled your eyes and stared jogging over to the two lieutenants.
"Yes Lewis?" You asked as you slowed down to stand in front of them.
"I was just telling Ron here about what we did in the lesson with Sobel" you grinned and shock your head. You turned to Ron and he smiled down at you.
"I wasn't even paying attention to the asshole, out of know where he asks me to answer his question and Lewis here had my back and shown me the answer, you should have seen his face, he didn't know what to say" Ron chuckled and shock his head while taking a drag from his cigarette.
"I tell you Ron, Liv here is the best thing coming out of Easy right now" you scoffed at Lewis and rolled your eyes at him.
"I don't doubt it Nix" you looked to Ron and he had a grin on his face.
"Right well I'll see you both around" you told them and they both smiled and nodded your way. You walked off with a smile on your face yet again.

—————————————-

Nobody had any idea when your birthday was and you were thankful for it, you didn't want anyone making a big fuss over it, okay yes you were turning 21 which was a big deal for anyone, but you didn't want to make it a big deal.
As you sat on your bed going over some notes from a couple of lessons ago when you heard the front door to the barracks be slammed open. 
Everyone looked up to see Sobel standing there with a small grin on his face. Nobody said a word as he walked over to your bed and looked you right in the eyes.
"Now does anybody know what today is?" Sobel asked while still looking at you.
"Uhh it's Christmas Eve sir" someone said and he chuckled but never looked away from you.
"Now Goldstone what is it today" he asked and you glared his way, you knew where this was going.
"It's the 24th of December sir. Christmas Eve" you replied and you looked down a little, you could hear the small chuckles coming from some of your friends.
"Now we both know it's more then that don't we?" He asked but he didn't give you a chance to answer as he turned around to look at everyone.
"Now today is yes Christmas Eve, but today seems to be a certain women's birthday" everyone's eyes were on yours and you groaned.
"Goldstone how old are you turning today?" Sobel asked while turning around.
You looked at him and sighed.
"21 sir" you whispered.
"Sorry I didn't hear you!" He snapped and you looked around to see all eyes on you.
"I'm 21 today sir" you replied back.
"Of course the big 21, as it's such a big birthday for you I want you in your pt gear goldstone and running up currahee... 21 times" you looked at him and you heard some of the boys gasp.
"Sorry sir,-what?" You asked while standing up. He looked at you and smirked.
"You are going to run up currahee 21 times, 3 miles up, 3 miles down, and I will be watching. You have 10 minutes to get ready"
And with that he walked out and slammed the door. You just stood there in shock. George was the first one to come up to you.
"Liv what the hell! Why didn't you tell us it was your birthday!" You sighed and walked past George and the small group of boys that started to form around your bed. You grabbed your pt gear and ran out the door to get dressed. You couldn't believe this was happening.
That horrible selfish lowlife little cockroach was making you run up and down 21 times... you didn't even know if you were going to make it that many times.

——————————
Ron's Pov

As I watched Sobel come out of the Easy company barrack I groaned, knowing he was walking this way.
I went to stand and start walking away but he just wanted to piss off everyone it seemed.
"Lieutenant Speirs!" I stopped and turned around to face the asshole. As he approached me icould see a small smirk on his face.
"Yes sir?" I asked while I saluted him. Being the ass he was, he decided to not salute back.
"I know about your little feeling towards a certain Corporal" I raised an eyebrow at him.
"I'm sorry sir what feelings? And with who?" I asked very calmly.
"Don't play dumb Ron. I see the way you look at Goldstone. Anyway I thought you'd like to know it's her birthday today, oh and uh as she's turning 21 she is going to run currahee 21 times" I was shocked to know it was Olivia's birthday but the fact that Sobel was making you run up it that mean times pissed me off.
Sobel didn't give me time to respond as he walked past with a smirk on his face.. what a complete wanker.
I heard running footsteps and turned around to see none other this Liv herself with her pt gear on and running towards currahee. I sighed as I watched her go.. no way did you deserve that.

—————————-

I was completely exhausted, I was on number 15. It was starting to take a toll on me now.
It was pitch black as I started making my way down for the 15th time... just 6 more to go you thought.
As you ran down the mountain you breathed in and out as calm as you could. You had a good steady pace going.
You were running down and your foot slipped on a rock, you tripped and landed on the hard dirt floor, your knees getting cut up in the process. No way were you going to cry.. no way were you going to let that horrible man bring you down like this. And most definitely not on your bloody birthday.
You got up again and made your way to the bottom.
As you got down you could see a load of people standing there with there pt gear on waiting for you.
As you came to a stop you saw the boys of Easy step forward.
"What are you all doing out here?" You asked in between trying to get your breathing under control.
"We aren't going to let you do the rest on your own liv, especially on your birthday" you looked to Winters and he smiled.
"Right come on boys let's get this shit show over with" Bill yelled and everyone started running past you while sending you a massive smile your way. You turned around and started running behind your friends. Lewis and Dick came to your side and smiled down at you.
Easy company really were your knew family. They respected you now, you could see that from the way they all came out to help you finish the whole 21 laps.
You smiled to yourself as the group started singing happy birthday to you. Lewis nudged your shoulder which made you laugh.
"Your one strong girl aren't you Liv" Lew breathed out and you laughed while rolling your eyes.
"No lewis, I just don't take fucking Bullshit." Lewis and Dick laughed and carried on running next to you until the very end. At least it was going to make everyone really fit. That was the only good thing you could think of that might come out of this.

"You better be prepared for a massive birthday party when we get a weekend past young lady!" Bill yelled over his shoulder and everyone cheered. You shock your head at the boys that you came to love and respect very much.
Even if you hadn't known them for very long, you thought of them as brothers.